I grabbed some random shots with my D750 today. These are JPGs straight from the camera. I am more of a people photographer, but I won't have any of those jobs until this upcoming weekend so they are what they are.
I have a D4 and D700. And I love this D750. It feels good in my hands, works like I would expect a Nikon to work. And I am using the AE Lock for back button focus. Can't wait to try it out during a session!
Does the D750 have the D-9/21/51 AF modes? I played with one in the camera shop earlier this morning and I couldn't find it. It did have Single, Group and Auto AF though.
Alpha_Geist wrote:
Does the D750 have the D-9/21/51 AF modes? I played with one in the camera shop earlier this morning and I couldn't find it. It did have Single, Group and Auto AF though.
It probably had to be enabled in the menu-autofocus settings, since the AF/MF button when pressed didn't reveal those modes...unless AF-C had to be turned on. I only had ~ 5 minutes to play with it though. It definitely felt great in hand!
Alpha_Geist wrote:
It probably had to be enabled in the menu-autofocus settings, since the AF/MF button when pressed didn't reveal those modes...unless AF-C had to be turned on. I only had ~ 5 minutes to play with it though. It definitely felt great in hand!
You are correct. AF-C needs to be used for those options.
So I have to share the wi-fi is very cool. You can connect a smart device to the camera. You can see liveview on the device. Focus with the device, and take a photo with the device. And of course you can download to the device.
Sean, since you have a D700 I'll ask this question of you. When I used a friend's D800 after three years with a D700 I found the combination of a narrowed front grip and much reduced ridge at the rear very uncomfortable. My fingers cramped from using the D800 for a couple of hours. I know the D750 is a smaller camera more in line with the D600 in size, but I'm wondering how the grip feels in your hand after shooting with the D700. Would you comment on the difference, perhaps after holding each for a few moments. One reviewer spoke of the D750 as "cramp city" which really scares me off the camera. I love everything else about it but I won't upgrade unless it feels good in my hand. At the moment none of the local shops has one I can hold...
I also had hand cramps when I held the original D800. The D700 is ok to me. The D750, even though it isn't as tall as the D700 has such a narrow top part of the grip, and the grip is far deeper than the D700 is (at least twice). With all of this combined, I fit the same height of my hand on both grips, yet much more of my fingers get wrapped into the grip because of it's depth. So far I haven't been bothered, but I have my concerns about how my middle finger fits and if that will be a problem over extended use.
A side note, had no issues syncing my 910 to 1/250. The true test for me will be when I shoot a wedding, which isn't for two weeks.
I had the good fortune of using a friend's D800 for a week so I could do a real test. I may have to wait until I have an opportunity to play with the D750. I don't have a large hand, but the thickness of the front grip on the D700 feels perfect to me, especially when coupled with the raised ridge for my thumb on the back. A smaller front grip, even one that is deeper may be a problem. Perhaps you can revisit this subject after you're shot the wedding. You definitely are performing a service for all of us with your comments. I appreciate that a great deal...
CGrindahl wrote:
Thanks Sean. Love your work by the way...
I had the good fortune of using a friend's D800 for a week so I could do a real test. I may have to wait until I have an opportunity to play with the D750. I don't have a large hand, but the thickness of the front grip on the D700 feels perfect to me, especially when coupled with the raised ridge for my thumb on the back. A smaller front grip, even one that is deeper may be a problem. Perhaps you can revisit this subject after you're shot the wedding. You definitely are performing a service for all of us with your comments. I appreciate that a great deal......Show more →
I hear you on the grip. I don't use a strap so the camera is in my hand an awful lot on a wedding day. I hope it works.
Thanks for the kind words about my work. And my pleasure on the answers. FM has been a great community for me glad I can give back something.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience and photos, good sir! It will help me to read/see stuff like this until the brown truck arrives on Monday with my very own D750 lol
Is it my imagination or does the D750 (in your JPEG examples) best the D4 in noise quality/quantity at high ISO by at least one stop? If so, then WOW!