Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography f...

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

As some of you may know, I made the announcement that I would no longer be taking client sessions last month. I'm still finishing up a few that I had on the books, but I will now be spending my time focusing on my family, photography as a HOBBY (I was beginning to lose what I initially fell in love with about photography by doing it as a business), and a bit of teaching here and there. Today, I decided to play around with moody lighting and different angles. I have SO many of these that I love and will probably add more as I edit them. These were shot in my garage. There is no lighting setup - it's just natural light coming in from the open garage door. No reflectors. No strobes. All shot with my 5D Mark III and 85mm 1.2L lens.

My beautiful girl was just a little girl when I first began my photography journey 8 years ago. She's grown into a beautiful (both inside and out) young lady over the past several years, all of which I've documented with my camera. She's always been my extremely patient muse through all of my crazy ideas and experiments. Today was just about keeping it simple and seeing what I could do with good old natural lighting. Thank you for taking the time to look!

2b

Edited on Jun 05, 2014 at 12:30 PM · View previous versions

Jun 03, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Lisa,

These shots are wonderful! And your daughter is beautiful.

Cheers,
Andre

I trust your husband is well armed

Jun 03, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Thank you, Andre.

Yes, we are VERY well armed.

Jun 03, 2014 at 11:37 PM
hatch1921
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

I have a feeling you have run out of wall space by now however, if not... #2 would make a stunning canvas IMO. Fantastic shot!

Great work as always.
Frank

Jun 03, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Bewithabob

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

lisa- i love the third shot in particular for its pensive mood...i wonder what she is thinking on...
nicely done.

Jun 04, 2014 at 12:19 AM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Good stuff. #1 and #3 for me.

I have recently started shooting more with natural light. Sometimes it would be nice to freeze the clouds and the position of the sun but it is really nice that you don't need to haul the lightstands with you

Jun 04, 2014 at 05:21 AM
lharvest
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Very nicely done. Were these taken wide open at f/1.2 or was a smaller aperture used? Thanks for sharing.

Jun 04, 2014 at 05:33 AM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Congratulations on your retirement from the pro game and good for you for putting your family first. From one former pro photographer to another, I hope this does help you reconnect with the hobby you love.

Jun 04, 2014 at 05:44 AM
scottiet
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

#2 for. Love the composition. I think the sun must shine extra bright for you. You use natural light so wonderfully!
Excellent images.

Jun 04, 2014 at 06:13 AM
scottiet
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

#2 for me. Love the composition. I think the sun must shine extra bright for you. You use natural light so wonderfully!
Excellent images.

Jun 04, 2014 at 06:23 AM
plsand
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Hi -
I like the garage light - Very nice - #3 is special -
Thanks - Paul

Jun 04, 2014 at 06:45 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Very nice subject to photograph, and so nice that she is your daughter.

Very nice use of Natural light.

Very nice BW photos.

Excellent.

Have fun!

Jun 04, 2014 at 06:52 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

I like them......I hope she enjoyed having them taken, she seems like a natural....

Jun 04, 2014 at 06:56 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Beautiful young lady wonderfully portrayed by a most remarkable talent.

Your clients loss is your family's gain.

Jun 04, 2014 at 07:08 AM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

I scan thru topics like allot of people to see what interests me because I can't just look at every one..but over time I've found that if I notice your name as the post author I just click on it because I know it will be good..keep em' coming!

Jun 04, 2014 at 07:11 AM
Landslide

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Beautiful work Lisa! The time and experiences that you can share with your family are the things that they will cherish the most. Thanks for posting.

Jun 04, 2014 at 08:30 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Geesh. Love love love 2-3-4 all for different reasons. Voting!

Jun 04, 2014 at 09:04 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Thank you guys, so much! I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment. It's been so fun being able to shoot what I WANT to shoot again instead of what I HAVE to shoot.

Jun 04, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Bewithabob

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

like these, Lisa!

Jun 04, 2014 at 10:50 AM
IonCannon

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Moody, beautiful natural light - my gorgeous girl. Making photography fun again...

Beautiful photography. Beautiful Lady.

Jun 04, 2014 at 11:26 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.