p.3 #1 · Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak
RCicala wrote:
One thing I do know is a while back when the Phoblographer wanted to put his loaner Pentax under running water, they said fine. I know one reviewer who asked to do the same thing with an A7 loaner and the response was buy one if you want to do that. Probably just corporate policy, Nikon or Canon won't let you either. Or maybe not.
Anyway, the more I take apart cameras and lenses, the more I put baggies over every bit of my gear if the humidity is over 80% Even the ones that are robustly weather sealed with gaskets everywhere - well, you should see what button gaskets look like after a few months of rental use. ...Show more →
Maybe post a photo of that? I would love to know what is really going on in there... I might treat my equipment differently after that.
p.3 #7 · Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak
jim bennett wrote:
Light leaks are cool. That is all.
Awaiting the inevitable "light leak" Instagram filter. (PS I don't use Instagram, wouldn't be surprised if that filter already exists)
p.3 #8 · Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak
I found another simple but efficient solution to protect from potential light leaks - I used a rubber band which USPS uses to wrap up stored mail when I am traveling. This white/yellowish 6 mm wide rubber band exactly covers the gap between orange colored mount on the A7(R) and adapter or lens attached. Just as an advice for a cheap and efficient solution similar to the described hair band! I took long exposures yesterday night and didn't see any issue whatsoever with this method (I had the Metabones III adapter attached to the Sony A7R).
p.3 #13 · Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak
carstenw wrote:
Gaah. Tape over access hole? Maybe I shouldn't have read that. I will certainly be more nervous the next time I shoot in the rain now...
The hole is at the bottom for a reason. It's actually a water DRAIN, so water inside the camera can get out without causing problems.
p.3 #14 · Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak
RCicala wrote:
I guess this means you guys don't think I'm going to make a fortune selling my patented self-adhesive lens-release button light seals?? Come on, only $19.95
Hey Roger, if I would shoot an A7 I would order TWO of your genius seals at once. Are they available in different colors?