New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Archive 2010 · What's going on at RRS?

sky_barker
• • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What's going on at RRS?

I've been trying for days to place an order at RRS. Their online ordering system seems broken and I haven't been able to reach them by phone. Does anyone know what's going on there?

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Todd Adamson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What's going on at RRS?

Good question. I was having tons of issues with their ordering a couple of weeks ago. I was going to call, but I finally got the order to go through on line, so I placed it. My L-bracket arrived promptly, as usual. But it sounds like they had better get their sh!t fixed up.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What's going on at RRS?

Their website was down for a couple of days also

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:22 AM
danob
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What's going on at RRS?

Yeah me too ! This is very poor to allow this site to be non functioning..

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM
adam613
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What's going on at RRS?

RRS seems to be one of those companies that spends too much time making great products and not enough time letting people buy them. Their website is not as disastrous as some, but it has some serious issues. (Every once in awhile I get tempted to offer them my web programming skills in exchange for free gear. But then I remember that even if they said yes, I'd never have time to do it because I spend most of my spare time taking pictures!)

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:36 AM
grog13
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What's going on at RRS?

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago that didn't go through. I called and they told me they were having lots of problems with the new website. Guess they still are.
Kind of worrisome when you hit the "submit order" button and everything disappears. Makes you wonder where your credit card info went........

Nov 17, 2010 at 04:05 PM
AmIgone
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What's going on at RRS?

I tried to place an order last week and couldn’t, I had to phone it in. I didn’t have any problems calling them though. I had to call A LOT, as they didn’t charge insurance on the shipping and tried to add it later. My CC company blocked them because they thought it was fraudulent charges. It took several phone calls to RRS and CC company but my order arrived yesterday.

Nov 17, 2010 at 04:23 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What's going on at RRS?

must be a slow day again. nothing to really talk about. i spoke to them today and took care of my business. they answered on the second ring after they opened on the west coast. i'll admit it can a problem for off shore people but here in the US they are just a phone call away and you get better stock info.

Nov 17, 2010 at 04:42 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What's going on at RRS?

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Their website was down for a couple of days also

They updated the site and I believe they moved to a new provider. These outages seem to be common with website updates, something about IT folks saying ...sure no problem... then going back to their desk and reading up on what it was they just agreed to.

Nov 17, 2010 at 06:58 PM
SHVv
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What's going on at RRS?

The new RRS website has been erratic, couldn't log on earlier but now placed an order without a problem. Hopefully won't take as long a KEH took to work out their "bugs".

Steve

Nov 17, 2010 at 07:59 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What's going on at RRS?

RRS website has been awful for years and this is not better.

EBH

Nov 17, 2010 at 08:22 PM
bitmaker
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What's going on at RRS?

EB-1 wrote:
RRS website has been awful for years and this is not better.

+1 Great products, lousy website for a very long time. You'd think they'd cop a clue after a few years.

Nov 17, 2010 at 08:33 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What's going on at RRS?

Maybe the RRS owners should have taken that large contribution they made to defeat gay marriage in California and invested it in their systems? Yep, I know I should get over it, but I miss ordering their products. Go Markins!

Nov 17, 2010 at 08:58 PM
treacle
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What's going on at RRS?

Me too I won't buy anything from them again.

sperraglia wrote:
Maybe the RRS owners should have taken that large contribution they made to defeat gay marriage in California and invested it in their systems? Yep, I know I should get over it, but I miss ordering their products. Go Markins!

Nov 17, 2010 at 09:48 PM
adam613
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What's going on at RRS?

sperraglia wrote:

Well, that makes a number of gear purchasing choices easier...

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:40 PM
Mike K
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · What's going on at RRS?

treacle wrote:
Me too I won't buy anything from them again.

I won't be quite so absolute, but I will look very closely at any viable alternative to RRS, and I have quite a bit of their equipment.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:25 PM
dasams
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · What's going on at RRS?

sperraglia wrote:
Yep, I know I should get over it, but I miss ordering their products. Go Markins!

+1 dave

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:53 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · What's going on at RRS?

Kirkphoto has plenty of nice plates and clamps but less selection overall. I've had better customer service from them too.

EBH

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM
treacle
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · What's going on at RRS?

Markins and Kirk for me too!

I hadn't realized about RRS LDS contribution (of 8 or 10K) until I took a workshop this summer and the instructor told me.
Prior to hearing that I ordered lots of RRS gear, but no more.

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Todd Adamson
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · What's going on at RRS?

I had no idea about the campaign contributions, and now I'm conflicted. That really sucks. Does anyone have any specific information about this...a Google search didn't turn up anything.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.