FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2005 · Canon EOS 20D?

walter23
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon EOS 20D?

lordarka wrote:
I would not buy a camera at the expense of a car or rent.

If you live in a city with adequate transit you don't need a car. Especially if you are able to rent or borrow when you want to leave town / go on a road trip / etc.

Apr 16, 2005 at 09:15 AM
Pupp3t Mast3r
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon EOS 20D?

Thats what im thinking, im happy where i am at home and the train is like 5 mins away. So really i hjave nothing else to buy except a few things id like to get (computer upgrade, new tv) but just things i dont really need.

Apr 16, 2005 at 11:24 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon EOS 20D?

If you plan on studying photography next year My advice is to buy a film SLR first!

Most institutions here in Australia will make you start shooting with Film even before you can think about shooting digital! Im a photography student myself and even though I own 2 digital SLR bodies they have been no use to me in my studies as you need to do all work on film in the first year!

Get a film SLR and at least 1 decent lens and then do your studies and save for a digital body when you really need one. They will be much cheaper in 2 years time anyway!

If you must get a d\slr now I would sugest a second hand 300D or even (dare I say) a Pentax Ist Ds which you can pick up with a sigma 18-200 for $1300 AU

Apr 16, 2005 at 01:38 PM
ripkoken
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon EOS 20D?

To start with I would buy used (D10, 30, 60) or a Rebel XT vs a 20D. In 3 to 4 yrs. you will be looking at a new camera anyway with the improvement in technology. Buy quality and what you can reasonably afford, because you will be buying again in a very short period of time. Work on your photographic skills, i.e. composition, exposure, etc, then step up to real high quality after you have honed those skills and can afford to pay the price.

Apr 16, 2005 at 01:59 PM
Pupp3t Mast3r
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon EOS 20D?

EOS20 - Ive got my film SLR still from when i did photography at school, i dont plan to do that particular course more like a graphoc arts course or art?

Apr 16, 2005 at 03:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon EOS 20D?

My advice would be to wait till you start studying first before buying a camera.....

Apr 18, 2005 at 07:19 AM
luant16
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon EOS 20D?

I think it depends on how serious you put yourself into photography, when i was 18 years old my dad bought me AUD$90k ++ car, but when i asked him some expensive camera & lenses he said "no", because he thought that it wasnt worthed to spend some those money onto photography (i'd been studing bachelor of business in Melbourne and photography is just part of my hobby), which ended me up to save my own money and bought all my equipment by my self. (it took almost a year to save those money, but finally i've never regreted it, although its not really worthed for me)

Apr 18, 2005 at 12:13 PM
hartgebm
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon EOS 20D?

All I can say is that I sell cameras for a living at a retail store....

A kid bought a 350D from me the other day after umming over a 20d...he came back in yesterday absolutely stoked with it and his new 17-40L lens. And the shots were easily as good as my 20D. Other than being abit more responsive and more durable......I think you should save those extra dollars being spent on a 20D and get a 350D and some entry level canon comsumer lenses eg50 1.8, 24-85, 28-105 and get shooting,
when you know what you want, spend more money on glass....and hey you might even see yourself with a 20D or its predecessor sooner than you think.

Apr 18, 2005 at 12:30 PM
Liscia
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon EOS 20D?

Paul UK get a Ferrari and and a new lease on life!

Apr 26, 2005 at 12:04 AM
SmellyTofu
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon EOS 20D?

I'll agree with everyone here. A 20D as good as it is won't be "that" much better than a 350D if you aren't using the extra functions on the 20D. Buy a 2nd hand D60/10D/300D and spend more $$ on lens. Didn't "they" say that glass is a man's best friend?

Apr 26, 2005 at 12:30 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password