New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · D30 CF Speeds

srvfm
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D30 CF Speeds

I was wondering if anyone here with a D30 has had any experience with the newer and faster CF cards on their D30? I've been to the CF Database on Rob Galbraith's site, but the D30 database isn't being updated anymore. I'd like to know if something like the Lexar 80X or similar card will help or if it is overkill for my particular camera.

Thanks,

Steve

Dec 16, 2004 at 07:42 PM
clintsmith
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D30 CF Speeds

it is probably overkill, but the prices CF cards are now, it probably doesnt matter

Dec 16, 2004 at 07:56 PM
reggie747
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D30 CF Speeds

Hi Steve,

I have owned a D30, D60 and 10D and I don't believe they benefit from faster CF cards. The bottleneck with these cameras is the electronics.
Canon seem to have cured that now with the 20D by what I've read

Greg

Dec 16, 2004 at 07:57 PM
nutek
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D30 CF Speeds

Ditto on the above comments. However, I have a new 45x Transcend 1GB card which seems "significantly" faster than my old 512MB Simpletech that I bought many moons ago, especially when clearing the buffer. You may find some improvement with faster cards especially if you are already using older cards, but you probably won't reach the astounding (Ultra, 80X, whatever) speeds claimed by the manufacturers..

Dec 16, 2004 at 08:31 PM
srvfm
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D30 CF Speeds

Actually, now that I've carefully looked at current prices (at B&H, the Lexar 40X is $89 and the 80X is $79 after $20 rebate), I guess my question somewhat irrelevant.

But I do appreciate everyone's comments

Dec 16, 2004 at 09:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password