FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · Mr & Mrs....

Rob_Canada
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mr & Mrs....

Well, nuthin too special here...., another from my trip to Bali. This was taken in the "Moneky Forest'. Doesnt really belong here, but ahh well - the other forums are pretty slow....Comments are very welcome - help me with the Do's and Dont's

ISO 200
1/30 sec. @ 28mm
F/4

http://www.imagelink.org/id24073.jpg

Dec 09, 2004 at 11:28 AM
realkuhl
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mr & Mrs....

Looks ok to me - how was Bali ? That is one place I've always wanted to go.... lots of photographic opportunities ? Link to your galleries ??

Dec 09, 2004 at 07:06 PM
Javier Rey
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mr & Mrs....

Very interesting shot. I like it. I have always wanted to go too. I have a friend that knows Bali an he was absolutely impressed with this place.

Javier

Dec 09, 2004 at 08:04 PM
Adrian Cray
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mr & Mrs....

An intriguing and slightly eerie shot Rob , but I like the composition , colours and texture a great deal . I have always regretted not getting to Bali when I lived near there many years ago ; I particularly like that touch of red blossom on the bottom step -- it adds an extra charm out of all proportion to its relative size . Any more from this fascinating place ?

Dec 09, 2004 at 08:19 PM
Rob_Canada
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mr & Mrs....

Thanks for the comments!!!!

It was a very beautiful place....Lots of photographic opportunities, but unforunately the friend I was travelling kinda spoiled that for me. A few are posted on my website - www.robtitley.com, feel free to check them out. Comment on the website are welcome too!!!

More to come, I've yet to process them all.

Dec 10, 2004 at 12:39 AM
Woodrow
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mr & Mrs....

I think I know that woman. (Long Story)

I long to see the sights of the world just like this one.

Thanks for kindling the spark. Very nice work!!!

Woody

Dec 10, 2004 at 12:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

glideslope
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mr & Mrs....

Nice shot. I would love to shoot in that environment. Maybe after the children are done with school?

Dec 10, 2004 at 12:55 AM
Rob_Canada
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mr & Mrs....

Yeah, I am lucky. I'm teaching English in Korea right now - so places like that are relatively close. In February I'm heading to China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thialand for 6-8 weeks..... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2004 at 09:48 AM
nutek
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mr & Mrs....

Nice picture!

I'm not sure why you included the left strip of leaves in the picture though - they seem to be distracting and make the picture "unbalanced". When you have two main subjects (3 actually, if you count the stairs between the two structures) that are equally sized, it might be better to maintain compositional symmetry in the picture so as not to detract from these main subjects.

I like the angle at which you took this shot - the stairs and the red blossom are intriuging - where does the stairs lead to? why is there a red blossom on the stairs? Questions like this give the audience good moments to think about, which gives a picture some "soul".

If space and time were permissable, I would have liked to see a telephoto-compressed shots of the two statues packed closely together; also, a wide-angle shot from ground-level at this angle to emphasize/exaggerate one of the statues more than the other. These statues are intriuging subjects, so you might want to spend more time exploring the compositional aspects to try and capture them better.

Just my $0.02, hope this helps!
Wenyao

Dec 10, 2004 at 04:10 PM
dewmuw
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mr & Mrs....

Looks like one from my family album!

Dec 10, 2004 at 04:20 PM
borodir
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mr & Mrs....

Awesome shot, really makes me feel the need to get over to Bali.

Dec 10, 2004 at 04:21 PM
lexvo
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mr & Mrs....

I don't see the picture. It looks like it's going to load, but doesn't show. Maybe too much traffic?

Dec 10, 2004 at 04:37 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password