FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2004 · Focal Length usage.

JeffG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Focal Length usage.

very interesting stats.

most people use their zooms either at the longest or shortest end most of the time.

the draw to a zoom is you can have both without swapping lenses.

i too have been c hanging from zooms to primes over the last year, but i'm still keeping my 17-40. i got a very nice copy

Nov 15, 2004 at 12:27 AM
skimmel
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Focal Length usage.

stevei wrote:
Perhaps an interesting analysis would be to add data on which lens it was, so when you shoot with the 17-40 on, do you have the same peak at 28, or is it only when you have the 28-135 on that the peak at 28 occurs? If the 28 peak doesn't occur when using the 17-40, this suggests to me that for a lot of the shots taken at 28 with the 28-135, you'd prefer to be able to zoom out wider. The same applies for the 70 peak, of course - does the 70 peak occur if you consider
...Show more

Great idea! This would help to tease apart the "is it the lens or the focal length" question. I'd be very interested in these results.

Nov 15, 2004 at 03:09 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Focal Length usage.

Interesting. Perhaps the choice of lenses would be somewhat random, based on the tendency to leave the same lens on when the focal length cross. However, in other cases it would be based on the image quality or special capability, such as IS. Of more interest is the distribution of lenses and focal length of the keepers compared to all of the images shot.

EB

Nov 15, 2004 at 04:47 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password