New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Strange problem with Godox/Flashpoint X1T-N & D5

Carlos Salcedo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Strange problem with Godox/Flashpoint X1T-N & D5

OK, I think this may be a simple menu setting but I have gone through each of the menus on my D5 and I cannot figure out what could be causing this...

Issue: When I mount a X1T-n on my D5 (either the Godox or Flashpoint version) I get a 1-second delay when I press the shutter button to when the camera/flash actually fires. So... I focus (either on AF-S or AF-C or even manual, press the shutter, nothing happens, one-second later pre-flash goes off(TTL) and then camera/flash fires. In non-TTL mode the delay comes at 1-second but of course there is no pre-flash. I can even press the shutter button and let it go completely and the camera will not fire till 1-second later. Exposure is proper and there is no issues with the actual metering. Just the delay.

Other bodies: I tested both remotes on a D750, and two different D3s bodies and all fire normally.

I have not reset all the settings on the D5 as I really didn't want to do this until I figure out if I just have a single menu setting wrong but I think I may have to just to remove that from the common denominator.

Any suggestions?

Dec 13, 2016 at 06:20 PM
Allen Allen

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Strange problem with Godox/Flashpoint X1T-N & D5

I also have the D5 and D3S and haven't experienced any delay problems with the X1T. One feature that comes to mind is the custom delay setting with the X1T-N. Take a look on page 37 of the manual. If you have that feature selected, it's strange that the delay is only affecting the D5 and not your other bodies.

Dec 14, 2016 at 07:51 AM
pixlepeeper
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Strange problem with Godox/Flashpoint X1T-N & D5

Have exposure delay mode on by any chance?

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Carlos Salcedo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Strange problem with Godox/Flashpoint X1T-N & D5

Thanks for the suggestions but I found what caused it and it's the most weird setting ever...

It was the "Red-Eye Reduction" setting on the D5 (pg 198 on the D5 manual). For some strange reason that feature was turned on and it somehow caused it. Not sure why since the instructions clearly say that if the flash does NOT support this feature the icon will flash but it did not.

I turned it off and it fires normally.

What baffles me is how I turned it on or if it was turned on by default since it requires a double user button press to enable it.

Dec 14, 2016 at 03:26 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password