New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · 5DsR raw files Lightroom CC - Photoshop

romendo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5DsR raw files Lightroom CC - Photoshop

The best way is to go to the Lightroom product page and select Buy now from the very bottom right. After changing it to Upgrade you can select your existing version. Not the most straight-forward way but not that buried either.

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:57 AM
stanj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5DsR raw files Lightroom CC - Photoshop

The big difference to all previous versions is that it requires activation, even the fully purchased one. It's enforcing that it is installed on max. 2 computers, while before I could run it on all three of my machines.

Apr 26, 2015 at 01:57 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5DsR raw files Lightroom CC - Photoshop

Adobe states that there is only two simultaneous useage. You can sign off one computer and sign on again on a different computer or OS. The software does not quit after the first year it just no longer updates if you stop your subscription. And for those complaining about "renting". $9.95 a month is a lot cheaper than paying for film and developing, and all of the developing and printing equipment sitting in the garage rafters much less the cost of the dark room itself, no more chemicals and temperature controls.

Apr 27, 2015 at 06:59 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5DsR raw files Lightroom CC - Photoshop

Photoshop is not comparable to a film darkroom. I have both. As different as an elephant and a giraffe. Each have their uses.

Re: renting: $10 per month = $180 per update (of both Lightroom & Photoshop on an 18 month schedule) so it is a little cheaper. However, the rate is not guaranteed beyond two years.

You make an important distinction between renting software and subscribing to updates. If it is the former, then it is a bad deal. If it is the latter and the software continues to work in the last updated form forever after, I would consider it.

Apr 27, 2015 at 07:08 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 5DsR raw files Lightroom CC - Photoshop

Monito wrote:
Photoshop is not comparable to a film darkroom. I have both. As different as an elephant and a giraffe. Each have their uses.

You are among a very small group. Few today, aside from those still making the transition from film to digital (or those sticking to film who must sometimes do digital), have both setups. Most have given up the elephant and are happy with their new giraffe.

Dan

Apr 27, 2015 at 08:05 AM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 5DsR raw files Lightroom CC - Photoshop

Three cheers for giraffes. I have some nice film stuff from my 4X5 days, 2-1/4X2-1/4 days, BUT i'm sure glad their over.

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.