Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              25       26       end

OMG - 7D II is coming...

Psychic1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

B&H is offering a 33% discount on the 7D body.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646908-REG/Canon_3814B004_EOS_7D_SLR_Digital.html

Jul 07, 2014 at 06:00 PM
11rdgr88
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

I've seen sale price lower than that.

We will soon see...September is almost here.

Jul 07, 2014 at 06:08 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Same price as Adorama.

Jul 07, 2014 at 06:12 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

perhaps its more to do with getting it below the 70D body only price ?

as much as I liked the 7D and there are a couple of features on it that the 70D hasn't got that I did use I would still find it a hard justify to buy a new 7D over a 70D and even harder if the 7D cost more than the 70D

as for the 7D2 coming . well yes maybe but then consider how long Nikon users have waited for a D400 (yes the D7k and 7.1k were close but they were not a D300 replacement) .
a 7D2 like the D400 may NEVER come

But I do think the canon world could do with a crop 5D3 (7D2) .

Jul 07, 2014 at 06:27 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

I just bought a new SL1 (100D) from Simon's in Montreal for about $390 US (free shipping, before sales tax). Does that mean the SL2 is coming... ?

Jul 07, 2014 at 07:37 PM
jcw1982
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Yes the SL2 is coming, followed by a SL3, etc. Sorry I don't have a time frame of when this may happen.

Jul 07, 2014 at 07:46 PM
mogud
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

33% off list price of $1,500.00 doesn't mean the 7D 2 is coming soon it means that the 7D is on sale for $999.

Edited on Jul 07, 2014 at 09:13 PM · View previous versions

Jul 07, 2014 at 07:46 PM
Jeff Donald
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

About 60 more days and it will be announced, right before Photokina.

Jul 07, 2014 at 08:43 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Jeff Donald wrote:

Just before they announce the new 46 MPx EOS 3D...

Jul 07, 2014 at 09:09 PM
adamx12m

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Not to sound negative about this rumor, but I think alot of people are expecting to this camera to surpass the 1D4 but I really don't think that will happen. The 1d3 is better than the 7d, the 1d4 will be better than the next 7d, and the 1DX will still be better than the next 5d3. I'm looking at this from a marketing viewpoint and of course I'd like to see all the 7d, 5d3, and 1dx updated soon.

Jul 07, 2014 at 09:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

johnctharp
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

adamx12m wrote:
Not to sound negative about this rumor, but I think alot of people are expecting to this camera to surpass the 1D4 but I really don't think that will happen. The 1d3 is better than the 7d, the 1d4 will be better than the next 7d, and the 1DX will still be better than the next 5d3. I'm looking at this from a marketing viewpoint and of course I'd like to see all the 7d, 5d3, and 1dx updated soon.

It might (might) be naive to limit the comparison just to Canon's cameras. Nikon's D7000/D7100 have sensors that outperform the 7D and the AF to keep up, and they might even compare well to a 1D IV, excepting their very limited buffers and pedestrian (70D-like) build quality. Pentax's K-3 lacks only lenses.

So a 7D II with equal or better than 1D IV IQ coupled with a 5D III body and AF and FPS that splits the difference between the 5D III and 1D X would make business sense, especially considering the lower volume nature of high-end semi-pro APS-C cameras and their propensity to stay around for a while. Note that as old as the 7D is (almost five years?), Nikon's discontinued competitor is even older.

Jul 07, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Jeff Donald
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

I really see it competing with the 1D4 on many levels. I think the frame rate will be similar, the AF will be similar but different incorporating some newer technology and construction similar (with improved weather sealing on 7DMK2). I think the 1D4 may have better high ISO capability, which says a lot for a camera of it's age.

The 7DMk2 will have some advantages as well, such as video performance. Not a big deal to the majority of members here, but from a marketing viewpoint it's very important. The viewfinder will have some innovative features and improvements. I hate to say it, but probably some new battery technology. I see a new and improved shutter with a 200,000 to 300,000 actuation life expectancy.

I see features like dual cards, USB3 and maybe even the return of a form of eye control. But the big news will be the chip. I see Canon doing something entirely new,not just a rehash of the current 20 MP chip in the 70D. The chip will have features to make Canon videographers and still shooters smile.

Jul 07, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

adamx12m wrote:

The 1D IV will still have the much better build, sealing, integrated grip and better battery and customisability, but feature wise the 1 series are often out specced especially in resolution. And as technology improves it's not unusual at all to see far lesser cameras appear to offer better specs. You need to compare the 7D II to a 1D X not a 3 yo 1D IV.

Jul 07, 2014 at 10:17 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

jcolwell wrote:

With Real 3D Effect! ;-)

Jul 07, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

gdanmitchell wrote:
With Real 3D Effect! ;-)

Ooh, you mean a Zeiss-only lens mount?

Jul 07, 2014 at 10:46 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Jeff Donald wrote:

jcolwell wrote:

gdanmitchell wrote:
With Real 3D Effect! ;-)

Photon wrote:
Ooh, you mean a Zeiss-only lens mount?

The ZO mount!

Make it compatible with Olympus too, and we'll have a real zoo on our hands. 3D at that!

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:05 AM
mogud
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

From all the hype about something revolutionary to be announced by Canon at Photokina and not to sound jaded or negative but....I'm having a hard time believing that Canon's revolutionary announcement is a ver 2 of a cropped camera. Don't get me wrong, i'd like a 7D 2 along with everyone else.

What would be revolutionary is a brand new long awaited high megapixel camera with a new Canon developed 36mp+ sensor.

Edited on Jul 08, 2014 at 12:51 AM · View previous versions

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:26 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Hope that when the new camera finally arrives people can improve their photography with it...never mind the cost......new gear always equals becoming a better photographer.....

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:33 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

anthonygh wrote:
Hope that when the new camera finally arrives people can improve their photography with it...never mind the cost......new gear always equals becoming a better photographer.....

Seriously thinking of "hiding" this malcontent...

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:50 AM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

anthonygh wrote:

jcolwell wrote:
Seriously thinking of "hiding" this malcontent...

Sounds like an ex-college lecturer to me.

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:58 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password