FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket
I just got an email from John Milich at milich.com about the release a new L-bracket for those using the Sony A7/A7R with the accessory grip.

Here are the details:
CNC machined from 6061 aluminum, finely finished and black anodized. small ribs fit in grooves in rubber base of grip act as rotation stops. fits Arca style and RRS quick clamps. easy on the hands

Supplied as shown but also with allen key and button head screw supplied.

Price: ($140)
http://www.milich.com/sonya7plate.html

(Images removed because the L-bracket design was changed. See below)

Mar 11, 2014 at 05:40 PM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

Looks interesting. Will it also work without the grip attached?

Mar 11, 2014 at 05:56 PM
jmilich
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

i also make one for the camera without the grip
www.milich.com
shows the details.

it is an L-plate, one piece, with a slot so you can shift it over to give the USB cords room to fit while in portrait mode.

will probably add the T-bar screw so you don't need an allen wrench.

Mar 11, 2014 at 07:02 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

I have purchased this L Bracket for the A7r + Vertical Grip based on this page information and frankly I am NOT happy about quality of this product what so ever.

This L Bracket for the A7r + Vertical Grip is made definitely by no any American standards. For that reason the actual price is obviously extremely exaggerated.

Edited on Apr 22, 2014 at 05:57 PM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2014 at 05:51 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

Fred Miranda wrote:
After hearing from feedback, John decided to update his A7 + Grip L-bracet.
Here are the new pictures:

Features:
• Fits Sony a7 and a7R cameras with a Sony Vertical Grip.

• Finely finished aluminum, black anodized.
• Slide base over for cable access.

• Mounts to quick clamp without pinching cables.
• Fits Arca style and RRS quick clamps.

• Index marks indicating lens centerline. on both baseplate and L-plate
• Small ribs fit in grooves in rubber base of grip, acting as rotation stops.
• Camera will rest without tipping on the base.
• Supplied with wing screw, no tool required.
• Weight: 70g

Price: $140
http://www.milich.com/sonya7plate.html

I have purchased this L Bracket for the A7r + Vertical Grip based on this page information and frankly I am NOT happy about quality of this product what so ever.

This L Bracket for the A7r + Vertical Grip is made definitely by no any American standards. For that reason the actual price is obviously extremely exaggerated.

Apr 22, 2014 at 05:54 PM
jmilich
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

not everyone can be satisfied; jan's $ was refunded instantly and he has yet to return the L-plate. to me he described the machining as lousy, lousy and reminding him of parts made in china ten years ago, and in fact threatened to give me bad reviews since he knows so many photographers

i strongly disagree with his comments on quality and stand on my record, having made and sent out many hundreds of similar items with never such a complaint and instead with many, many positive responses.

May 09, 2014 at 06:39 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

As long time user of products from companies such as RRS, Benro, Manfrotto, Arca-Swiss, Fittest, Kirk etc., … I was always under impression that paying $160.00 USD for L-Bracket to jmilichI will receive first class product.

Well, Unfortunately I was very wrong. Again, Machining of this L-Plate Mount Bracket is very amateur quality. This L-Plate Mount Bracket for SONY A7 is not in complaisance with American Standards.

May 11, 2014 at 03:51 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

JanPhoto wrote:
As long time user of products from companies such as RRS, Benro, Manfrotto, Arca-Swiss, Fittest, Kirk etc., … I was always under impression that paying $160.00 USD for L-Bracket to jmilichI will receive first class product.

Well, Unfortunately I was very wrong. Again, Machining of this L-Plate Mount Bracket is very amateur quality. This L-Plate Mount Bracket for SONY A7 is not in complaisance with American Standards.

If you attack someone that harshly you should at least provide some pictures of the bad machining

May 11, 2014 at 04:13 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

I like to convey an idea indirectly, that you should order this product made by jmilich and be your own judge.

Then, Let me Know Please what you think about this L-Plate Mount Bracket for Sony A7 / A7r.

Thank you.

May 11, 2014 at 04:20 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

Well I agree with Phillip. Please post some close-up images of your item. You know an image says a lot. And, what does the smiley after "American Standards" mean?

JanPhoto wrote:
I like to convey an idea indirectly, that you should order this product made by jmilich and be your own judge.

Ah, so you are saying, while refusing to show us, that John's work is sub standard and that anyone should buy it and judge for themselves. Now I wonder why you posted at all. Actually, your post doesn't seem to be in compliance with the Alt Gear Forum standards.

Edited on May 12, 2014 at 02:28 AM · View previous versions

May 11, 2014 at 04:36 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

... what does the smiley after "American Standards" mean? ... that "American Standards" is a second to non in quality. As simple as that.

As far as images of this L-Plate Mount Bracket. This would not be possible since this product is on it's way back to Mr. J. Milich.

Thank you.

May 11, 2014 at 04:42 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

RE : "Ah, so you are saying, while refusing to show us, that John's work is sub standard and that anyone should buy it and judge for themselves. Now I wonder why you posted at all. Actually, your post doesn't seem to be in compliance with the Alt Gear Forum standards."

I am sorry but I am a little bit confuse by meaning of this reply. It doesn't add to context of what I have said previously.

But never mind.

Thank you.

May 11, 2014 at 04:51 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

JanPhoto wrote:

Your criticism has less than adequate credibility to me. Correct spelling and sentence construction is always useful.

My own experience: I emailed Mr Milich before this model of L-plate was available and I received prompt communication on the status of the prototypes. There are other threads on here that show he is responsive and flexible to photographers' expressed preferences when he is designing new products.

I have no links to John Milich or his products, however I don't like to read what appears to be unwarranted criticism. To me his product photos exhibit quality and this forum's owner uses them, so isn't that quite a plug in itself?

May 11, 2014 at 06:44 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

lenticular11 wrote:
Your criticism has less than adequate credibility to me. Correct spelling and sentence construction is always useful.

My own experience: I emailed Mr Milich before this model of L-plate was available and I received prompt communication on the status of the prototypes. There are other threads on here that show he is responsive and flexible to photographers' expressed preferences when he is designing new products.

I have no links to John Milich or his products, however I don't like to read what appears to be unwarranted criticism. To me his product photos exhibit quality and this forum's owner uses them, so isn't
...Show more

Dear “lenticular11” I am talking about product quality in department of machining NOT about communication with supplier in this case Mr. John Milich. As matter of fact Mr. John Milich has proof him self as very HONEST man and I do respect him in argument for that matter. What I am talking here about is quality of product something which your masters in English did not provide in department of comprehension. I do NOT criticize but inform. To say that, buy this product and you can proceed with your filings. I LUV to hear from you then. Thank you.

May 11, 2014 at 07:05 PM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

I have one of John's grips on an DMD EM5, and it lives there. There are extremely fine machining marks on the bracket, and they look beautiful to me.

Jan, can you not bold everything in your posts here, please; to me it looks like you are shouting. On this forum, most people offer reasoned views, and in this example you are concerned with, most likely would have included images showing the alleged defects. John has been around for a long time, and his products are used by many here. Just a suggestion.

May 11, 2014 at 08:45 PM
chrisd999
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

Kit Laughlin wrote:
I have one of John's grips on an DMD EM5, and it lives there. There are extremely fine machining marks on the bracket, and they look beautiful to me.

Jan, can you not bold everything in your posts here, please; to me it looks like you are shouting. On this forum, most people offer reasoned views, and in this example you are concerned with, most likely would have included images showing the alleged defects. John has been around for a long time, and his products are used by many here. Just a suggestion.

+1

I recently sold a JLM L-bracket for a Sigma DP2M only because I sold the camera. I have also owned a RRS grip, and I would put the design and build quality of both these manufacturers in the same league. As far as I am concerned, the complaint posted here is not credible since there is no detailed description or evidence of the issue.

I am considering getting a vertical grip and the JLM L-bracket for my A7/r grip combo, and it would be nice to hear feedback from anyone that has purchased this bracket, provided it is backed up with examples and/or pictures of experiences, good or bad.

May 11, 2014 at 09:47 PM
JanPhoto

[X]
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

chrisd999 wrote:
+1

I recently sold a JLM L-bracket for a Sigma DP2M only because I sold the camera. I have also owned a RRS grip, and I would put the design and build quality of both these manufacturers in the same league. As far as I am concerned, the complaint posted here is not credible since there is no detailed description or evidence of the issue.

I am considering getting a vertical grip and the JLM L-bracket for my A7/r grip combo, and it would be nice to hear feedback from anyone that has purchased this bracket, provided it is backed up with
...Show more

When you get this L-Plate Mount Bracket for SONY Ilce A7 / A7r with battery grip from same source as I did I am sure it will satisfy your personal demands in quality you expect.

Not other than different strokes for different folks.

Never less, this post of mine is a super experience for next time. Let others to find reality hard way. Motto : “Silence is Golden”. I got it.

Thank you.

May 11, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

I have no idea about the quality of this L-plate but John's 6-bit Leica lens mounts are of superb craftsmanship. Oh - I also hate all caps.... I agree with some of the others - just post a few pics showing the crappy machining.... I personally find it hard to believe but suppose anything could happen.

May 11, 2014 at 11:04 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

Jan, if you have any integrity whatsoever, then please describe the problem in detail. One might come away with the impression that you are criticising his product for some ulterior reason, like promoting a competing product. I have owned products from John Milich, and they have been beyond reproach.

May 12, 2014 at 01:32 AM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sony A7/A7R with Grip new L-bracket

I wrote:
"Ah, so you are saying, while refusing to show us, that John's work is sub standard and that anyone should buy it and judge for themselves. Now I wonder why you posted at all. Actually, your post doesn't seem to be in compliance with the Alt Gear Forum standards."

JanPhoto wrote:
I am sorry but I am a little bit confuse by meaning of this reply. It doesn't add to context of what I have said previously.
But never mind.
Thank you.

English isn't my first language. I'll try again:
You say the Milich grip is very bad. When asked about details you say you want people to make be their own judges. I think that is meaningless and you could just as well have stayed silent from the start. What about a camera reviewer saying:

"CaNiSo cameras are very very bad, not at all up to any reasonably standard. No, I wont tell you more about it. Buy one and find out yourselves."

In my opinion that review would be useless. So have your posts here been. I hope I made myself more clear now.

For the moment I don't use any of the Milich grips or adapters. The ones I've used have been as good or better than stuff from any other manufacturer.

May 12, 2014 at 02:40 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.