Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              8       9       end

Archive 2013 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Might be a sweet little combination

Oct 20, 2013 at 07:39 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Interested, but I'm in no position to buy anything for a while and will watch this unfold in reviews and online galleries.

Oct 20, 2013 at 08:03 AM
Rickuz
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Michaelparris wrote:

I am more excited about this camera than anything Canon has made since the 5D2.

It remains to be seen how well the camera performs with EF-lenses, but according to some early reviews it seems to work just fine, with AF and everything.

Oct 20, 2013 at 08:07 AM
KiboOst
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Waiting for a high mp/dr body from Canon since D800E is out, a7r could be my next body. I would sure prefer a 1DX at 40mp, but I will keep an eye on how a7r perform with adapter and EF lenses. Seems Canon is out of the game for a few years now, time change.
I guess we will soon have reviews from some a7r-ef users ;-)

Oct 20, 2013 at 08:45 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

It's good Sony is fanning a fire under Canon's fat arse. Not that I'm unhappy with my 5D2. It does everything I need save for ECF. I've also been shooting M43 for 2 years and what keeps me coming back is the small body coupled with small lenses. Sony misses the mark with a small body and big lenses. And, although I grin and bare the EVFs because it's better than no viewfinder, I greatly greatly prefer optical finders. So no Sony excitement here.

Oct 20, 2013 at 08:53 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Michaelparris wrote:

I was more interested in using it with with nice Zeiss primes to be honest. The 55 f1.8 looks nice but I'd like to see a 35 and 85 along the same lines. Use of other lenses via an adapter is a bonus but I like to have AF performance so I'll still most likely be looking at a 5D3 as my next camera. If the RX1 prices drop I'd be tempted to look at one as a lighter setup.

Oct 20, 2013 at 09:47 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

jj_glos wrote:
I was more interested in using it with with nice Zeiss primes to be honest. The 55 f1.8 looks nice but I'd like to see a 35 and 85 along the same lines. Use of other lenses via an adapter is a bonus but I like to have AF performance so I'll still most likely be looking at a 5D3 as my next camera. If the RX1 prices drop I'd be tempted to look at one as a lighter setup.

I'm also interested in it with my Zeiss ZE & Voigtländer Canon mount lenses. I hope those lenses works really good on this body. If so it would be very nice to use the Sony A7r with my Zeiss & Voigtländer lenses for the best IQ and resolution. And all my Canon AF lenses on my Canon bodies for the best and fastest AF & speed.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

I see myself might ending up with 1Dx and A7r for a long long time. The best and the worse AF in the canon line up

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

I'm interested in the A7R. Like Lars said, it might be a great camera for my Alt lenses; mostly Zeiss and Mamiya 645, as well as tilt-shift with Canon TS-E 17/4L and 24/3.5L II, and M645 lenses with the Mirex M645 to EOS TS adapter. I can't see me using my Canon AF lenses with the A7R, except in unusual situations.

Just what I need, another type of battery; LP-E4/N, LP-E6, NP-W126, NP-95, NP-BX1, ...

Edited on Oct 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM · View previous versions

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Hell yes. Great sensor, high mpix and a small package that takes all my existing lens. What's not to like about that?

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

tsdevine
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Exactly what Lars said, I would also add my Sigma 35mm (along with my Zeiss & Voigtländer lenses) to the list. My 5D2 would be used for those times I need to AF speed, FPS, etc.

-Tim

Lars Johnsson wrote:
I'm also interested in it with my Zeiss ZE & Voigtländer Canon mount lenses. I hope those lenses works really good on this body. If so it would be very nice to use the Sony A7r with my Zeiss & Voigtländer lenses for the best IQ and resolution. And all my Canon AF lenses on my Canon bodies for the best and fastest AF & speed.

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM
SchnellerGT
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

In my opinion, taking a smaller, lighter-weight body and pairing it with a nice heavy EF lens just defeats the purpose. If anything it throws off the balance. In the end, what do you save? A few inches in your camera bag? So not interested for the time being.

Oct 20, 2013 at 01:36 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

SchnellerGT wrote:
In my opinion, taking a smaller, lighter-weight body and pairing it with a nice heavy EF lens just defeats the purpose. If anything it throws off the balance. In the end, what do you save? A few inches in your camera bag? So not interested for the time being.

What about the fabulous sensor...that is what I am excited about. The smaller size is truly a bonus.

Oct 20, 2013 at 01:49 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

chez wrote:
What about the fabulous sensor...that is what I am excited about. The smaller size is truly a bonus.

Exactly.

Oct 20, 2013 at 01:50 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Michaelparris wrote:

It is interesting, though more of a kludge than desired.
There are already many threads on this subject, for example
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/124766.

EBH

Oct 20, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Rickuz
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

chez wrote:

That's it. The sensor in this little beast is better than anything Canon offers at the moment. And I'm afraid that it might be better than anything Canon will release within the next 1 - 2 years.. At least way cheaper.

Not only is it smaller. You do save a lot of weight with this body.

I'm quoting Fred Miranda here: "Canon's 5D III (950g) and 6D (770g) are substantially heavier than the Sony a7r (475g). The Canon 5D Mark III is 100% heavier than the Sony A7R."

Oct 20, 2013 at 01:54 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

I can wait for Canon to match this. In fact a Canon mirrorless with the same specs would be great. Until then, my 5d3 will keep me happy enough. The landscape season is over until spring for this non snow lover anyway.

Oct 20, 2013 at 02:00 PM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

Looks like it would be great for portraits and landscapes, maybe time to sell the 5DMKIII pick up the A7r to go along with my 1DX Would like to see how my Zeiss MF Lenses do on this little body.

Oct 20, 2013 at 02:01 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

ben egbert wrote:
I can wait for Canon to match this. In fact a Canon mirrorless with the same specs would be great. Until then, my 5d3 will keep me happy enough. The landscape season is over until spring for this non snow lover anyway.

Ben, it might be a few springs you will be waiting...and then at what price will Canon deliver?

Oct 20, 2013 at 02:03 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · A7r with Canon glass. Anyone excited?

ben egbert wrote:

Yeah, I think some users in northern climes wait until late winter to see if there is a 44MP or whatever body from Canon announced.

EBH

Oct 20, 2013 at 02:26 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password