New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems along with its own signature Line of high-quality filters for lenses that do not accept filters.

The WonderPana 145 Filter System includes a metal adapter hood that accommodates the Fotodiox PRO 145mm round filter format, making it compatible with all Fotodiox PRO 145mm filters. It is also easily upgradeable to the WonderPana 66, allowing the use of industry standard 6.6” rectangular filters.

The WonderPana 66 Filter System will accept all Fotodiox PRO 145 filters, in addition to industry standard rectangular 6.6” filters from Schneider Optics. The WonderPana 66 System can accommodate two filters at the same time: either two rectangular filters, or one circular and one rectangular filter. Similar rectangular filter systems compatible with LEE (150mm) and Cokin X-Pro (130mm) rectangular filters are also slated for release in 2013.

The new systems will be compatible with lenses like the Canon 14mm f/2.8L, Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E, Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8, Nikon 14mm f/2.8 and many others from Tokina, Sigma, Panasonic, Olympus and Samyang.

This is great news for photographers using lenses without filter threads. I wonder how it compares to the Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E's custom made solution some of us have been using for a while. To view all compatible lenses and pricing, visit Fotodiox's WonderPana System page

Edited on Oct 29, 2012 at 01:03 PM

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

wow prices arnt too bad either!

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

I believe the Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E is not compatible with the WonderPana 66 system and therefore it won't accept graduated filters.
The website also does not report how far tilting or shifting could be done without vignetting.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Thanks for adding this information and the link. But prices are to steep for me just having this kind of filter and adapter.

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:54 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Ditto, I only have a Rokinon 14mm that has the filter issue and this system is almost the price of the lens itself!

Aug 24, 2012 at 08:29 AM
Roland W
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Adding the adapter to hold 6 inch wide rectangular filters would make a holder be $250 for the basic adapter to large round filters, plus $350 for the 6 inch wide adapter that you add on to the basic adapter. At $600 total, we are talking seriously expensive.

Aug 24, 2012 at 09:42 AM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

I'm tempted to draw up some custom plans for an adapter in solidworks and try having them created at shapeways. I'm not sure if the shapeways metal printing would be good enough, but it would be a whole lot cheaper.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Thanks for the info Fred. Just a week after I finished my custom adapter for the 17T+S.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

That website is horrible. They show the same tiny graphic for ALL the versions of the product and don't tell you anything about how it mounts or how you get ND grads onto it. Go to the 17mm ts-e page. Virtually no useful info there.

After a few weeks of studying the method that Fred has demonstrated on his long running thread, I'm coming up with my own device that will hopefully allow full shift with no vignette. I don't now if the 4x6" filter itself will become the limiting factor. I hope to be complete next week and will post here if successful.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:38 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Jeffrey wrote:
That website is horrible. They show the same tiny graphic for ALL the versions of the product and don't tell you anything about how it mounts or how you get ND grads onto it. Go to the 17mm ts-e page. Virtually no useful info there.

After a few weeks of studying the method that Fred has demonstrated on his long running thread, I'm coming up with my own device that will hopefully allow full shift with no vignette. I don't now if the 4x6" filter itself will become the limiting factor. I hope to be complete next week and will post
...Show more

UPDATE: Last time I checked, the WonderPana 66 system was NOT included in the options for the Canon 17mm f/4L TSE. I just checked the site again and noticed that they have added that option. So, as far as I can see, all filters will be compatible with the 17TSE. Here is the link:
http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/camera-photo-accessories.html?cat=114&wonderpana_lens=150

The only issue is the price for the system and a set of filters. $1,399.95 !!! And we don't even know how much shifting will be allowed before vignetting.

** If someone gets this adapter, please report back on this thread how useful it is when using TS movements.

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in the 17 TSE

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM
marcus riley
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Fred Miranda wrote:
UPDATE: Last time I checked, the WonderPana 66 system was NOT included in the options for the Canon 17mm f/4L TSE. I just checked the site again and noticed that they have added that option. So, as far as I can see, all filters will be compatible with the 17TSE. Here is the link:
http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/camera-photo-accessories.html?cat=114&wonderpana_lens=150

The only issue is the price for the system and a set of filters. $1,399.95 !!! And we don't even know how much shifting will be allowed before vignetting.

** If someone gets this adapter, please report back on this thread how useful it is when using
...Show more

We all want you to be the guinea pig!

It would be pretty great if the fotodiox would send you one or two of the systems to test out. As long as there isn't some design issue that could be revealed, I would think they would be happy to jump on the chance to have you post some thoughts about the product. Due to your DIY lens cap filter holder project, there is a lot of attention focused on this website when it comes to 17tse filter solutions.

Price seems steep, but if they have a solution that uses 4x6s and allows full, or almost full, shift/tilt functions, I'm sure there will be some business for them.

If fotodiox reads these pages, I can't image that they wouldn't jump on the chance to get some free marketing...

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM
JulianDeLaRosa
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

I put in an order today. Let's see what happens.

Aug 26, 2012 at 07:12 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

marcus riley wrote:
We all want you to be the guinea pig!

It would be pretty great if the fotodiox would send you one or two of the systems to test out. As long as there isn't some design issue that could be revealed, I would think they would be happy to jump on the chance to have you post some thoughts about the product. Due to your DIY lens cap filter holder project, there is a lot of attention focused on this website when it comes to 17tse filter solutions.

Price seems steep, but if they have a solution that uses
...Show more

The home-made adapter is compatible with regular 4"x6" LEE filters and therefore works very well for those who already invested in that system set. However, I was wondering if this new solution will allow full SHIFT.
BTW: I believe it supports 6"x8" filters only.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

JulianDeLaRosa wrote:
I put in an order today. Let's see what happens.

Julian,
Once you get it, post your thoughts on this thread!

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM
JulianDeLaRosa
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Fred Miranda wrote:
Julian,
Once you get it, post your thoughts on this thread!

Hi Fred. Once I aquire the items, I'll post some samples if there's any issue with shift. I also ordered the 4 stop ND.

Aug 29, 2012 at 02:36 PM
tball

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

JulianDeLaRosa wrote:
Once I aquire the items, I'll post some samples if there's any issue with shift. I also ordered the 4 stop ND.

Have you gotten this in yet? I would love to know how it performs!

Sep 11, 2012 at 01:26 PM
JulianDeLaRosa
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

tball wrote:
Have you gotten this in yet? I would love to know how it performs!

I called them up last week and they finally called me back. They won't be shipping them out till mid October.

Oct 06, 2012 at 10:37 PM
tball

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Well that stinks! But I am definitely looking forward to seeing how it performs! If it does well, then that will be the deciding factor on me getting the 17mm TSE!

Oct 08, 2012 at 03:37 PM
JulianDeLaRosa
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

tball wrote:
Well that stinks! But I am definitely looking forward to seeing how it performs! If it does well, then that will be the deciding factor on me getting the 17mm TSE!

I called them up last week and they start shipping the Wonderpana filter systems on the 15th but, it's a new and improved batch. I received my CPL last week and it's the largest CPL I've ever seen. Hopefully, my holder and 4 stop ND should be here this week.

Oct 15, 2012 at 09:08 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.