Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1DX release date

khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1DX release date

On the Canon Rumours site, there was a posting that Canon ha they will be giving priority to CPS Platinum members when the Camera is released.

Any one where this is effective Is this the case in Canada

Jan 30, 2012 at 05:50 AM
molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1DX release date

khurram1 wrote:
On the Canon Rumours site, there was a posting that Canon ha they will be giving priority to CPS Platinum members when the Camera is released.

Any one where this is effective Is this the case in Canada

I don't think anyone at Canon Canada works weekends... you'll probably have to wait until the start of the work week before they start sending out these emails.

Jan 30, 2012 at 05:55 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1DX release date

molson wrote:
I don't think anyone at Canon Canada works weekends... you'll probably have to wait until the start of the work week before they start sending out these emails.

There are times I don't think anyone works during the week either

Reason, I was asking was to find out if anyone received the invitations to CPS Platinum members referenced on the Canon Rumours site
"Invites have gone out to Canon Platinum CPS members to prioritize purchases of the new EOS-1D X. This is most likely the CPS event we’ve been told about."

And if anyone has actually received these invitations, which region this applies to.

Jan 30, 2012 at 06:00 AM
coranda
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1DX release date

I think this was just Canon CPS in the UK.

...and no release date was mentioned. It simply said that if you pre order a 1DX through a dealer to let Canon CPS know so they can make sure yours is delivered to the dealer first.

Jan 30, 2012 at 06:10 AM
Derek
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1DX release date

they are telling me Mid March, but may be pushed earlier, 12 were in use at the australian open tennis

Jan 31, 2012 at 08:59 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1DX release date

Derek wrote:
they are telling me Mid March, but may be pushed earlier, 12 were in use at the australian open tennis

How recent were they telling you Mid March? And was that Canon or a store saying that? And finally: when you say pushed earlier did you imply that it might arrive before Mid March? In that case:

Jan 31, 2012 at 09:24 AM
paulrwselby

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1DX release date

I received an email from Canon CPS in UK saying that I would get prioritised delivery if I placed an order with deposit and forwarded the details to them. I am a Platinum member so I assume the email was sent only to Platinum members.

I had already placed an order so sent them the details, I got an email back from the CPS rep saying it had been prioritised..... of course they can only prioritise what they get from Japan. It remains to be seen whether the due date in arch is met or later as some of the rumours say.

Calumet in the UK have been saying they expect them in April, other rumours say early March.

I guess we shall have to wait and see.

The email from the UK CPS rep was dated Saturday at 9:10am, somebody at Canon works the weekend

Jan 31, 2012 at 09:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1DX release date

I appreciate the responses, looks like the prioritizing is only for the UK then. Would be nice if the camera is available in early March.

Feb 02, 2012 at 02:37 AM
coranda
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1DX release date

The Canon Australia web site is now saying:

"Estimated availability April 2012"

Feb 02, 2012 at 02:41 AM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1DX release date

From Calumet in the UK, comes word that the Canon EOS-1D X may not be shipping until April.

Feb 02, 2012 at 03:44 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1DX release date

Why is it that canon always late from its iniitial dates

Nikon tends to announcements date closer to release and does a much better job of delivering on time, this of course is easier, when you announce closer to release date. I just don't get the point of making an announcement 6 months before the release date and then delaying again - particularly delays due to functionality issues. Why not ensure everything working and you can actually deliver before making an announcement.

Feb 03, 2012 at 06:08 AM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1DX release date

khurram1 wrote:
Why is it that canon always late from its iniitial dates

Nikon tends to announcements date closer to release and does a much better job of delivering on time, this of course is easier, when you announce closer to release date. I just don't get the point of making an announcement 6 months before the release date and then delaying again - particularly delays due to functionality issues. Why not ensure everything working and you can actually deliver before making an announcement.

Its a recent thing and it looks like Nikon and Canon have switched places. Back a couple of years ago it was Nikon that announced stuff that would take forever to ship and when it did had all kinds of supply problems. Most notably their new line of super telephotos which only recently are finally actually in stock at most retailers (years after their introduction).

In turn, in the past Canon has had usually shipped their stuff pretty quickly after announcement and usually has decent supply.

Like I said, they seem to have switched places.

Feb 03, 2012 at 06:55 AM
bigrob

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 1DX release date

Actually Canon haven't haven't officially said it wont be shipping by March so they may still make it.

I do agree, it is frustrating for a lot of people to have a product announced 6 months ahead of delivery.

On the other hand I can see it as a bonus to some companies that may be looking to replace older items.

Feb 03, 2012 at 06:55 AM
bigrob

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 1DX release date

I also think, those that are most worried about the competition announce early and ship late.

Feb 03, 2012 at 06:56 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password