fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2011 · Exakta to EOS adapter?

  
 
buggz2k
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Exakta to EOS adapter?


Is there such a beast?
Google isn't helping me out here.
Some say yes, some say no.
I see them listed on eBay.
Has anyone tried any of these?
Do they work?



Jun 28, 2011 at 06:58 PM
Ataboy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Exakta to EOS adapter?


I have one and use it all the time with Zeiss and Meyer lenses. The problem with Exakta mount is that there is variation in depth, so for some lenses my adapter is a snug fit, and for some it's pretty loose and I need to put a metal shim under it. Another problem is that the rear flange of the mount varies in thickness, and when it's thick it touches the camera mirror box when you put the lens on. Then there may be a problem with reaching infinity, which sometimes can be solved by adjusting the lens itself.

But overall my adapter does work! I don't remember the seller's eBay name. My adapter has black color and it says "EXA-EOS" on the rear.



Jun 28, 2011 at 08:29 PM
LightShow
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Exakta to EOS adapter?


http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html
Exakta/Topcon bayonet 44.7mm
(Do your research)
big_is
http://cgi.ebay.com/Exakta-Topcon-Lens-Canon-eos-Adapter-/120574841516?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item1c12d212ac



Jun 28, 2011 at 08:32 PM
dpap1978
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Exakta to EOS adapter?


does it work on full frame though?


Jun 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM
LightShow
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Exakta to EOS adapter?


The sell's email is at the bottom of the web listing.

It does list 1DsII, but also lists a 1DsIIn.
Works for: all Canon EOS models Rebel / XT / 300D / 350D / EOS 10D / 20D / D60 / EOS-1D / EOS-1Ds mark II digital / EOS-1Ds mark II N digital etc.....



Jun 29, 2011 at 01:04 AM
ZoneV
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Exakta to EOS adapter?


My Big-IS Exakta-EOS adapter (seems to be not the same) works till infinity - but not on EOS 5D FF.
The adapter protrudes too much, and the lenses sometimes too.

On some lenses (probably these Auto lenses mentioned) the lens will not fit in - but you could remove part of that lens iris crank.



Jun 29, 2011 at 03:33 AM
matejphoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Exakta to EOS adapter?


Does anyone have a picture of the exakta-eos adapter with the lens mounted on it. I would like to see a view looking at the rear end.

I bought a Biotar 58 f/2 on ebay and just got the adapter and I am not able to mount it. It seems that one of the three flanges can not make it through. I am thinking of filing a little bit of the adapter down to make room for it.
Any other suggestions?
This is the adapter that I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/LENS-ADAPTER-Exakta-Topcon-Canon-EOS-EF-500D-7D-5D-/220633147296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335ec2a7a0



Jul 20, 2011 at 02:28 PM





FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account