Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

  

  Previous versions of Skarkowtsky's message #8952106 « Annie Leibovitz Backdrop? »

  

Skarkowtsky
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Annie Leibovitz Backdrop?


Looking at your posted image again, it seems that the gray tones were sprayed right over the raw canvas. So, that\'s also another option for you.

Ok, then. here\'s what you do to achieve the gradients without spraying light coats.
Use the roller to apply your primer coat. Then, use the 4\" Sable brush, using the dry brush technique (apply paint to the brush, the wipe 95% of it off, onto a paper towel, the remaining 5% will seem like a \"dry\" coat of paint. This will allow you to make easy gradients form the lightest gray to the unpainted section in the center.

For painting gradients from dark to light, mix a few tones of gray, apply the darkest tone first, then the next shade and so on, blending them with a different, absolutely clean brush. You\'ll love the results.



Oct 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Skarkowtsky
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Annie Leibovitz Backdrop?


Looking at your posted image again, it seems that the gray tones were sprayed right over the raw canvas. So, that\'s also another option for you.


Oct 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM





  Previous versions of Skarkowtsky's message #8952106 « Annie Leibovitz Backdrop? »