Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of sjms's message #8030072 « Review: Photo Clam PC-44NS Ball Head »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Review: Photo Clam PC-44NS Ball Head

adam613 wrote:
sjms wrote:
howardm4 wrote:
I\'ll bet the \'heat damage from a turbine\' story is interesting.

photographing a GE90 engine during an engine run from a cart stand that i use that serves as a camera support. right after the engine run i removed the camera from the support with the ballhead on it. somone released the brakes on the cart to move it out of their way. it then rolled slow and quietly right up to the turbine case and the ballhead made contact and began to absorb copious amounts of heat from the case. they make nice heatsinks. in the less the 5 minutes of contact the polymer cup was goo. no discoloration of the green anodizing but it real smooth on the ball while being moved with gloves on. sort of like butter. then after cooling it got a little jumpy. sent it to Markins in Canada and they rebuilt it. the tech up there never saw this green color before and actually offered to replace it with the newer lighter model at the time so he could have it. this one has way too much use history with me.

You are my new hero...

i knew you needed one so here i am. i guess you really had lowered expectations and thats what you got

Jan 20, 2010 at 03:45 PM
sjms

adam613 wrote:
sjms wrote:
howardm4 wrote:

photographing a GE90 engine during an engine run from a cart stand that i use that serves as a camera support. right after the engine run i removed the camera from the support with the ballhead on it. somone released the brakes on the cart to move it out of their way. it then rolled slow and quietly right up to the turbine case and the ballhead made contact and began to absorb copious amounts of heat from the case. they make nice heatsinks. in the less the 5 minutes of contact the polymer cup was goo. no discoloration of the green anodizing but it real smooth on the ball while being moved with gloves on. sort of like butter. then after cooling it got a little jumpy. sent it to Markins in Canada and they rebuilt it. the tech up there never saw this green color before and actually offered to replace it with the newer lighter model at the time so he could have it. this one has way too much use history with me.

You are my new hero...

i knew you needed one so here i am.

Jan 20, 2010 at 03:31 PM
sjms

adam613 wrote:
sjms wrote:
howardm4 wrote:

You are my new hero...

i knew you needed one so here i am.

Jan 20, 2010 at 03:28 PM

Previous versions of sjms's message #8030072 « Review: Photo Clam PC-44NS Ball Head »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.