Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ronchappel's message #7091347 « FD 85L f/1.2: a real gem »

ronchappel
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: FD 85L f/1.2: a real gem

Here is the almost finished mount.
About all there is to do now is properly black out the element surround .For now it just has a permanent marker \'black\' (looks black/red in this pic)
For this conversion i found a much better way of attaching the mount.The screws actually come from the inside so it\'s all quite neat and strong.

One other interesting thing i have to mention! I had been putting off this whole project because i had doubts my local machinist would be interested in such tiny fiddly stuff,but the other day i finally asked him and was amazed just how much he was willing do on his huge machines
The mount for this lens is a standard chinese M42 to EOS adapter with stop down flange.What he managed to do was cut a 0.5mm pitch thread through the 1mm thick flange part!But what REALLY stunned me was that in the process of cutting the thread the lathe is backed off and restarted,cutting deeper each time.It was incredible to think that it was so accurate it could be catch the exact same thread start each time!!
(half mm thread remember,on a lathe with a 12 inch chuck!)

It\'s got me thinking of what other projects i can throw at him

May 19, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Previous versions of ronchappel's message #7091347 « FD 85L f/1.2: a real gem »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.