brainiac wrote: edrodgers731 wrote:
See, that\'s just marketing speak. They weren\'t lying about it. Nowhere in there did they say that it has more dynamic range. They just said the image quality is better. Taken on the whole, I think it is.
Which lens has better image quality: 85 f/1.2L or 35 f/1.4L? You could say either, depending on which parts of image quality matter most to you.
Yes, I think this is a problem. I also think that EVERY camera has problems, the same goes for lenses. You will always have to work around one limitation or another.
Go buy another 1DsIII, (I guess you already did?), and stop scaring the natives. Next time don\'t sell your gear until you have tested the replacement and it does what you need.
Sorry, I just have a bug up my butt about really picky people (not that there is anything wrong with that) putting other people off on something that is a godsend to most of us, thereby hurting Canon and the thousands of us that would have otherwise jumped at a 5DII. You told Canon, wonderful. I don\'t see why it has to be a multi-threaded anti-canon 5Dii assault.
I haven\'t been clear enough, so let me set the record straight:
- this is a shortcoming that some users won\'t notice
- the camera is even better at iso 12800 than my 1Ds3 was, so I\'ll be keeping it for that alone
- I regard discussing issues such as this as part of a useful process of familiarising with the camera so that I can make it shred on a job
- I see no reason why shortcomings of gear shouldn\'t be discussed, even if it might delay a sale or two of the camera, since God knows we spend enough time praising what\'s good
- the scope of this issue has been made clear on both threads, so readers can decide for themselves if it matters in their type of photography
- Canon doesn\'t need you to protect it; 5D2\'s will keep selling fast
arggh i finally made it appear
took edge of underside of roof and large tree trunks against white sky at iso 100 and then set 0 contrast and no curves and pulled highlight back by 50 and bumped exposure up by 2 stops and pulled shadows up in acr by 8 the underside of the roof did get the same cross hatch.
whether this is new to 5dmkii or not not sure since i usually dont process this way with no contrast and giant 2 step pulls and so on.
after more experimenting i can only sometimes see hints of the cross hatch in the most extreme shots using any sort of PP and shooting style i would normally use so im not sure if it really an issue, i have no other bodies with me at the moment to compare to, maybe i can see what the rebel xt does tomorrow.
now question is does yours get it much more easily or is it more that i dont normally push things quite that extremely and is it something htat the older models really can get away with or not
Mar 11, 2009 at 06:30 PM
Previous versions of skibum5's message #6823969 « Are you seeing 5D2 Criss-Cross Pattern? »