fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of grantgoodes's message #17119700 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

  

grantgoodes
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass


James Markus wrote:
The prime that pushed me back towards primes is the af 180mm f2.8 crinkle finish. Zoom with your feet or with the lens - the later is becoming more attractive as I age (two new, to me, reasonably priced af 's coming today).


The 180/2.8D IF-ED is indeed a lovely piece of kit. I've had a pro-abused copy of the 180/2.8 ED since the 80's, and as good as that lens was, the AF-D is better, focuses 30cm closer, _and_ is lighter. I wish the manual-focus on the AF-D version was a little more damped, but that's a niggle. I tried an 80~200/2.8D, and just didn't find the ability to zoom offset the increased size/weight. I'm still in my zoom-with-your-feet years though..



Oct 07, 2026 at 01:28 PM





  Previous versions of grantgoodes's message #17119700 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »