fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of Howie4life's message #17118080 « Autofocus Issue with Sigma 135mm f/1.4 on Sony A1 II (locks on ears) »

  

Howie4life
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Autofocus Issue with Sigma 135mm f/1.4 on Sony A1 II (locks on ears)


I want to follow up on this. I have the sigma 135. 1.4 with the A7R6 and am noticing something similar. I had the lens sent back to sigma because I thought I had a soft copy, but they tested and found no issues. They emailed me the photo they took of a test chart with the lens perfectly sharp at 1.4. This image was taken with an A7r5. Today I decided to try and take photos and manual focus and low and behold, the images are sharp. It appears to be missing a tiny bit when using AF. If I stop it down to F2, then that's a big enough depth of field so that the image is sharp. Anyone else using this lens/camera combo?

Here is an AF an MF image



Oct 04, 2026 at 04:29 PM
Howie4life
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Autofocus Issue with Sigma 135mm f/1.4 on Sony A1 II (locks on ears)


I want to follow up on this. I have the sigma 135. 1.4 with the A7R6 and am noticing something similar. I had the lens sent back to sigma because I thought I had a soft copy, but they tested and found no issues. They emailed me the photo they took of a test chart with the lens perfectly sharp at 1.4. This image was taken with an A7r5. Today I decided to try and take photos and manual focus and low and behold, the images are sharp. It appears to be missing a tiny bit when using AF. If I stop it down to F2, then that's a big enough depth of field so that the image is sharp. Anyone else using this lens/camera combo?

Here is an AF an MF image



Oct 04, 2026 at 02:02 PM





  Previous versions of Howie4life's message #17118080 « Autofocus Issue with Sigma 135mm f/1.4 on Sony A1 II (locks on ears) »