Previous versions of raminolta's message #17116674 « Should I upgrade from Sigma 24-70 I to the Mark II or just get a 24-105 f4 for faster autofocus? »
Re: Should I upgrade from Sigma 24-70 I to the Mark II or just get a 24-105 ...
I moved from Sigma 24-70 DG DN Art f2.8 to Sony 24-70mm GM ii. Without doing any side by side comparison, I can't say this was the better move than going to Sigma mark ii. In fact, my sigma appeared super sharp too me. I had sold it before getting the GM ii lens. I wasn't particularity fixated on the GM lens but I got a very good deal on a used one in the local market. I could have very well ended up with the Sigma mark II if I could find a very goo deal on that. All I can say is that even without trying them side by side, the weight difference is very noticeable based on my muscle memory. However, the Sigma mark II is also quite a bit lighter than the mark I though not as light as GM II. I can't say much per auto focus speed as my camera was A7r iii when I had my Sigma and now, I have A7r v.
Oct 01, 2026 at 05:38 PM
Previous versions of raminolta's message #17116674 « Should I upgrade from Sigma 24-70 I to the Mark II or just get a 24-105 f4 for faster autofocus? »