fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of seanderson's message #17116134 « Should I upgrade from Sigma 24-70 I to the Mark II or just get a 24-105 f4 for faster autofocus? »

  

seanderson
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Should I upgrade from Sigma 24-70 I to the Mark II or just get a 24-105 f4 for faster autofocus?


I currently have the Sigma 24-70 DG DN Art f2.8 mark I for Sony and while I love it, it’s too slow of autofocus for in-water surf photography. I think I’d like to sell it and get the mark II since it has the new autofocus drive. However, given resale values, etc., I’m wondering whether the Sony 24-105 f4 would make just as much sense? The extra range would be nice though I’d rather not accumulate lenses.

Interested to hear any thoughts from sports photogs.



Sep 30, 2026 at 08:14 PM





  Previous versions of seanderson's message #17116134 « Should I upgrade from Sigma 24-70 I to the Mark II or just get a 24-105 f4 for faster autofocus? »