fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of Jemini's message #17115125 « New Lenses? »

  

Jemini
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: New Lenses?


hoodlum90 wrote:
Jemini wrote:
hoodlum90 wrote:
Jemini wrote:
hoodlum90 wrote:
Jan posted the 600mm review. He is planning another video very soon, comparing the 600, 400, 100-400, including TCs.



I was expecting much longer video from him since it came so late. Nothing new I guess. As a dual system user, I want to see comparison with Nikon counterparts. Sony need to improve OSS. So 400 might be same.

So far from all reviews and samples files, I think the 600 is equal or slightly better than Nikon version. 400 is visibly better than Nikon's 400 and adding 1.4x make it close to 600, but 600 is the way to go if that's the focal length you are after. I'm positive that 600 will beat 300+2X in IQ and AF.


There was some improvement to OSS with the A7RVI, but it still doesn't match what Nikon and Canon can do. This is one more reason why I hope Sony does a top end stacked APS-C sensor body. The smaller sensor will allow for better OSS and something around 40mp would be a great match with the 400mm f4.5.


Something came to my mind when you mentioned APS-C body. Is the body size is the issue here? I don't know anything about the OSS technology. Sony is making camera and lens so small. Is that a limitation?


It is not body size but rather stabilization technology. But an APS-C sensor is smaller and lighter than a FF sensor. That means the APSC sensor can be moved around more quickly with adjustments. It is also why m43 have always had very good stabilization.



Hope Sony will make a proper shaped APS-C camera with normal VF and controls. 6700 was a disaster to use with long lens.



Sep 29, 2026 at 08:23 AM





  Previous versions of Jemini's message #17115125 « New Lenses? »