Likely one of the most photographed locations of the Canadian Rockies. There are two ways to get here - a boat tour or kayak the 17 miles roundtrip to the island. The paid tour only allows 15 minutes of shore time here - 30 minutes if you've paid for the upgraded premium tour ($ well spent, IMO). It was cloudy and raining when we boated to the island but the clouds opened to this site for about 10 minutes as we arrived. Conscious of the time constraint I ran to two locations and set up as fast as I could. I like the water in this one. The island is sacred to the Stoney Nakota - a tribe of the First Nations of Alberta and they have a summer solstice ceremony on the island; likely the only time of year tribal members are allowed to step on the island. None other than tribal members are allowed there.