There is a bumper crop of Jewelweed growing at Kissena Park this year and the Ruby Throated Hummingbird are there in numbers as they make there migration south. Rather than going to the stream where I usually photograph them along with photographers using lure flowers, I chose to photograph them in the natural environment of the Jewelweed which grows as bushes and is a very busy environment to photograph the little birds. This meant working the subject to try and get them nicely isolated yet showing both the bird and the flowers. I'm very happy with this one taken yesterday and processed this morning.
There is a bumper crop of Jewelweed growing at Kissena Park this year and the Ruby Throated Hummingbird are there in numbers as they make there migration south. Rather than going to the stream where I usually photograph them and there are usually people there with law flowers I chose to photograph them in the natural environment of the Jewelweed which grows as bushes and is a very busy environment to photograph the little birds. This meant working the subject to try and get them nicely isolated yet showing both the bird and the flowers. I'm very happy with this one taken yesterday and processed this morning.
Comments and suggestions welcome,
Morris
Sep 26, 2026 at 01:34 PM
Previous versions of morris's message #17113607 « Ruby Throated Hummingbird in Jewelweed »