IMO, an essential photography app got a major update 2 days ago
FWIW, other than being a paying customer I have no affiliation with this company and have received nothing in return for posting this.
This is just a quick FYI post for those here who use planning apps.
---
As someone who shoots landscapes almost exclusively there are a ton of Android/IOS Apps out there, but two that I have found that are indispensable are Photopills & Planit Pro.
PhotoPills is more of a swiss army knife. An an all-in-one field toolkit best for on-location adjustments. Want to know when and where the Milky Way will be rising. PhotoPills will give you all that basic info and if you're on location the AR function will superimpose where the Milky Way, Planet or Star will rise relative to your current location on your phone screen.
OTOH, Planit Pro is a heavy-duty pre-visualization tool best for off-site planning from home. For instance, I'm planning to shoot a Milky Way Panorama in Anza-Borrego sometime in early March/April (2027). Planit Pro allows you to pick a spot like say the
'Scorpion Sculpture' and use the VR function to see exactly how the shot will look months in advance.
There is a lot more to Planit than I've explained but that's the basic jist of the app. Anyway Planit has just released a new app called 'Planit Earth'. Its currently available in the Playstore and will soon be added to the App Store. The link below is to a short feature video that I found on Instagram.
BTW, there is a free 7 day trial for Planit Earth through their website. There is also a Windows version that can be downloaded through their website.