fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of stgrove's message #17105735 « The ultimate 35mm one-and-done lens in M mount »

  

stgrove
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The ultimate 35mm one-and-done lens in M mount


I just wonder if those voting for the FLE I or II have also used the APO Summicron 35 in earnest?

We all vote on what we have and know, but there are so many M 35s out there.

This is my want to have list: Do I own any? You bet.

Leica APO Cron 35/2.0
VM Ultron II 35/2.0
VM 35/1.2 IV sent back the Leica 35/1.2 unopened.
Omnar NIK 35-25 f2.5
Leica 35/1.4 FLE II
Leica 35/1.4 Steel Rim Reissue
LLL 35/2.0 8 Element
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Germany
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Canada
Mandler 35/2.0 KOB
LLL 35/1.4 11873
MS Optics Perar II 35/3.5 coming next week

So for me it depends on what type of rendering I want for a specific capture and that is what leads me to own so many and varied 35 lenses. And still counting as I discover more and varied character lenses. The word "character" means something different to each of us and even to me on any given day and lighting conditions.

Best price-the Mandler.
Best surprise-the VM Ultron II in afternoon lighting.
Best of the rest-unknown-until I shoot more to be honest with myself. That means I have lots of more shooting to do-yeah!







Sep 13, 2026 at 08:07 AM
stgrove
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The ultimate 35mm one-and-done lens in M mount


I just wonder if those voting for the FLE I or II have also used the APO Summicron 35 in earnest?

We all vote on what we have and know, but there are so many M 35s out there.

This is my want to have list: Do I own any? You bet.

Leica APO Cron 35/2.0
VM Ultron II 35/2.0
VM 35/1.2 IV sent back the Leica 35/1.2 unopened.
Omnar NIK 35-25 f2.5
Leica 35/1.4 FLE II
Leica 35/1.4 Steel Rim Reissue
LLL 35/2.0 8 Element
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Germany
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Canada
Mandler 35/2.0 KOB
LLL 35/1.4 11873
MS Optics Perar II 35/3.5 coming next week

So for me it depends on what type of rendering I want for a specific capture and that is what leads me to own so many and varied 35 lenses. And still counting as I discover more and varied character lenses. The word "character" means something different to each of us and even to me on any given day and lighting conditions.

Best cheapest-the Mandler.
Best surprise-the VM Ultron II in afternoon lighting.
Best of the rest-unknown-until I shoot more to be honest with myself. That means I have lots of more shooting to do-yeah!







Sep 13, 2026 at 08:05 AM
stgrove
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The ultimate 35mm one-and-done lens in M mount


I just wonder if those voting for the FLE I or II have also used the APO Summicron 35 in earnest?

We all vote on what we have and know, but there are so many M 35s out there.

I have the:

Leica APO Cron 35/2.0
VM Ultron II 35/2.0
VM 35/1.2 IV sent back the Leica 35/1.2 unopened.
Omnar NIK 35-25 f2.5
Leica 35/1.4 FLE II
Leica 35/1.4 Steel Rim Reissue
LLL 35/2.0 8 Element
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Germany
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Canada
Mandler 35/2.0 KOB
LLL 35/1.4 11873
MS Optics Perar II 35/3.5 coming next week

So for me it depends on what type of rendering I want for a specific capture and that is what leads me to own so many and varied 35 lenses. And still counting as I discover more and varied character lenses. The word "character" means something different to each of us and even to me on any given day and lighting conditions.

Best cheapest-the Mandler.
Best surprise-the VM Ultron II in afternoon lighting.
Best of the rest-unknown-until I shoot more to be honest with myself. That means I have lots of more shooting to do-yeah!







Sep 13, 2026 at 08:00 AM
stgrove
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The ultimate 35mm one-and-done lens in M mount


I just wonder if those voting for the FLE I or II have also used the APO Summicron 35 in earnest?

We all vote on what we have and know, but there are so many M 35s out there.

I have the:

Leica APO Cron 35/2.0
VM Ultron II 35/2.0
VM 35/1.2 IV sent back the Leica 35/1.2 unopened.
Omnar NIK 35-25 f2.5
Leica 35/1.4 FLE II
Leica 35/1.4 Steel Rim Reissue
LLL 35/2.0 8 Element
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Germany
Leica 35/2.0 KOB Canada
Mandler 35/2.0 KOB
LLL 35/1.4 11873
MS Optics Perar II 35/3.5 coming next week

So for me it depends on what type of rendering I want for a specific capture and that is what leads me to own so many and varied 35 lenses. And still counting as I discover more and varied character lenses. The word "character" means something different to each of us and even to me on any given day.

Best cheapest-the Mandler.
Best surprise-the VM Ultron II in afternoon lighting.
Best of the rest-unknown-until I shoot more to be honest with myself. That means I have lots of more shooting to do-yeah!







Sep 13, 2026 at 07:59 AM
stgrove
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The ultimate 35mm one-and-done lens in M mount


I just wonder if those voting for the FLE I or I have also used the APO Summicron 35 in earnest?


Sep 13, 2026 at 06:39 AM





  Previous versions of stgrove's message #17105735 « The ultimate 35mm one-and-done lens in M mount »