fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of Pixelpuffin's message #17094331 « EOS 600/630 »

  

Pixelpuffin
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: EOS 600/630




rscheffler wrote:
From the FD system I went straight to the EOS-1 around 1991. It was a used one on consignment at the camera shop where I had just started working. I paid it off in installments.

I still have it somewhere...

Of the 600 series (I don't remember a 600, just 620, 630 and 650 plus the RT), the 630 interested me the most because it was the most 'action capable' of the trio. Though yes, those 600 series cameras were not cross-type AF capable like the EOS-1. At the time, with only one AF point that was a pretty significant performance benefit for the 1. Funny though that now every Canon mirrorless except the R1 is similarly only vertical line sensitive with PDAF, yet those cameras generally don't struggle in most situations.

Anyway, I didn't end up getting a 630, instead I went with the A2E (EOS-5) which didn't really wow me, the 1n and finally the EOS-3 before transitioning to digital. The 3 and 1V were great cameras, with the 1V IMO being the pinnacle of EOS film cameras. I almost bought one, but hesitated due to the price, which at the time was the most expensive 1 series to date. And it was obvious digital was the next big thing, so I waited for the 1D instead, which was about 3-4x even more expensive!

The 630 and 600 were the same camera, just the American market it was called the 630??

The 1V fetches silly money these days.

I won’t get sucked into film, but I’m going to have a bash just to reminisce.



Aug 24, 2026 at 03:29 AM





  Previous versions of Pixelpuffin's message #17094331 « EOS 600/630 »