fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of rscheffler's message #17091071 « Which Canon mirrorless body pairs best with my EF lenses? »

  

rscheffler
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Which Canon mirrorless body pairs best with my EF lenses?


pulseimagez wrote:
I would like to shoot action such as marathon races and drag races. I just never had a camera with a good enough AF system that could get good results.


Unlike the DSLR era, all of the cameras you listed in your first post have considerably better AF performance than their DSLR predecessors and there is much less difference in performance across this range of cameras (mid-tier to top-end). I use an R6, R6II and R5II and there is not a big AF performance difference between all of them. But there are some subtle differences that favor the newer cameras due to faster sensor readout speeds and processor performance.

If budget is not limited, get the R5II, which as I mentioned previously is the best Canon all-rounder type of camera. It's great for action, landscapes, travel, people, etc. Pretty much anything. Otherwise, get the R6III if there are some budget constraints.



Aug 18, 2026 at 10:24 AM





  Previous versions of rscheffler's message #17091071 « Which Canon mirrorless body pairs best with my EF lenses? »