Re: What do you experts consider to be a safe auto ISO range for my R8?
John Power wrote:
EBH
What do you mean by a low grade body? It looks and feels good in my hands to me and produces very nice photographs. The body is no 1DMKIIN but I do not want to lug that around anyhow. I photograph anything I see that I want to take a photo of. People, animals, big plumbing fixtures outside of buildings, people, flowers, etc., etc
The R8 is considered an entry-level camera because it doesn't have some of the features that others have outlined. What it does have is the same sensor, processor, and AF as those in the EOS R6 II. If it meets your need, don't hesitate to get it. It's still a very capable camera.
For casual shooting, ISO isn't too much of an issue. Any unwanted noise can usually be cleaned up in post.
Aug 09, 2026 at 12:50 PM
Previous versions of davinci953's message #17086427 « What do you experts consider to be a safe auto ISO range for my R8? »