fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of TomSchriefer's message #17085703 « What do you experts consider to be a safe auto ISO range for my R8? »

  

TomSchriefer
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: What do you experts consider to be a safe auto ISO range for my R8?


Up front, I don't get paid for any camera work. I do care what my photos look like. I don't use any 'special' noise handling software. When I was using full-frame 6DII, my default max ISO was 12,800. On aps-c (80D/90D) I used 6400. I now use an R10, and max default is 12,800 on that. I find that nobody (besides photogs) really give a FFA about noise. When sharing down-sided photos online, sending photos to digital picture frame, prints up to 8x10, those ISOs are just fine. The higher ISOs need a bit of attention, but nothing serious. Pixel-peeping and looking at 11x17 photos from 12" away makes noise look worse than it really is. I don't do that... anymore.


Aug 08, 2026 at 12:36 PM
TomSchriefer
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: What do you experts consider to be a safe auto ISO range for my R8?


Up front, I don't get paid for any camera work. I do care what my photos look like. I don't use any 'special' noise handling software. When I was using full-frame 6DII, my default max ISO was 12,800. On aps-c (80D/90D) I used 6400. I now use an R10, and max default is 12,800 on that. I find that nobody (besides photos) really give a FFA about noise. When sharing down-sided photos online, sending photos to digital picture frame, prints up to 8x10, those ISOs are just fine. The higher ISOs need a bit of attention, but nothing serious. Pixel-peeping and looking at 11x17 photos from 12" away makes noise look worse than it really is. I don't do that... anymore.


Aug 08, 2026 at 08:41 AM





  Previous versions of TomSchriefer's message #17085703 « What do you experts consider to be a safe auto ISO range for my R8? »