fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of kohlmannj's message #17084160 « Megadap M2RF – the first-ever Leica M to Canon RF Autofocus Adapter! »

  

kohlmannj
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Megadap M2RF – the first-ever Leica M to Canon RF Autofocus Adapter!


Very early impressions from using the adapter with a Thypoch Ksana 21mm f/3.5:

The M2RF’s motors are loud and occasionally high-pitched. This appears to be normal, which I have no problem with, just noting in case someone has a different experience.

The macOS app may reset the lens name after editing other fields, such as the focal length. In my case I ended up setting the correct name but accidentally saving the incorrect focal length.

Finally for now, I saw MF peaking and the focus assist visualization working on my EOS R5 Mark II with the adapter set to MF mode. This makes logical sense, but seeing it for myself is a nice confirmation. I’ve used these a lot of with the Voigtländer native RF mount lenses, so very pleased to have them here.



Aug 05, 2026 at 12:38 PM





  Previous versions of kohlmannj's message #17084160 « Megadap M2RF – the first-ever Leica M to Canon RF Autofocus Adapter! »