Re: Will XT6 finally catch up to Sony, Canon and Nikon with AF.
Thanks, everyone. I prefer the X-T5s as far as ergonomics is concerned. I used to have an X-H2 that I sold after two safaris because it just seemed too heavy for me.
I agree the X-H2s might have been the better match and as I mentioned some of this might be user error as well. Nonetheless, we are going to the sixth generation processor and I’m hoping the focusing will be stickier.
Based on my experience from the recent birding trip, when Fuji nails the focus you can almost “see” that it’s like video in slo-mo. Not sure if this is the best way to describe this. However, in the middle of the series of shots the cameras seem to disengage that forces me to focus again. I do not assign a back focus button and rely on the shutter half pressed for focusing. Not sure if that needs to change.
I appreciate all the feedback. Thanks!
Jul 31, 2026 at 09:39 PM
Previous versions of voltaire's message #17081777 « Will XT6 finally catch up to Sony, Canon and Nikon with AF. »