fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of Douglas L's message #17067290 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

  

Douglas L
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
Douglas L wrote:
RoamingScott wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
I have credentials for that show and it’s my understanding that there will be a dusk static shoot involving the Phantom .


Just out of curiosity, what does having credentials get you as a photographer/opportunities that I'm missing out on? I've often wondered if I should try to get credentialed, but don't really know why I should!


The only credential you need to have is that you are Jim!

I know you are probably extremely busy with your photos Douglas but how did it go? Must have been a long day and very tiring with all the waiting, heat, humidity and crowds.........

Get wet? Boy we had terrible lighting and thunder but not much rain.
Dan



Hi Dan, I spent hours deleting 95% of the shots I took.. I just learned the delay of the start of the fireworks from 10:30 to midnight was because folks on the national mall were told to go the government buildings nearby to seek shelter during the thunderstorm and they had to pass through the security check again to enter the designated area once the storm was over.

They canceled the F-22 demo and the F-22 afterburner pass due to the weather. I really wanted to see the schedule B-1B afterburner pass right before sunset. That got cancelled too. It would have been epic! I have never seen B-1 afterburner before. The B-1 did gave an afterburner pass right over our head at the Netherlands Carillon at midnight, it was over like 2 seconds. My cameras were on the tripod, it was too dark to get a good shot anyway, maybe just a ball of fire.

I am posting some of my favorites from show. 100+ degree temperature be damned!



Jul 06, 2026 at 05:27 PM
Douglas L
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
Douglas L wrote:
RoamingScott wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
I have credentials for that show and it’s my understanding that there will be a dusk static shoot involving the Phantom .


Just out of curiosity, what does having credentials get you as a photographer/opportunities that I'm missing out on? I've often wondered if I should try to get credentialed, but don't really know why I should!


The only credential you need to have is that you are Jim!

I know you are probably extremely busy with your photos Douglas but how did it go? Must have been a long day and very tiring with all the waiting, heat, humidity and crowds.........

Get wet? Boy we had terrible lighting and thunder but not much rain.
Dan



Hi Dan, I spent hours deleting 95% of the shots I took.. I just learned the delay of the start of the fireworks from 10:30 to midnight was because folks on the national mall were told to go the government buildings nearby to seek shelter during the thunderstorm and they had to pass through the security check again to enter the designated area once the storm was over.

They canceled the F-22 demo and the F-22 afterburner pass due to the weather. I really wanted to see the B-2 afterburner pass right before sunset. It would have been epic! I have never seen B-1 afterburner before. The B-1 did gave an afterburner pass right over our head at the Netherlands Carillon at midnight, it was over like 2 seconds. My cameras were on the tripod, it was too dark to get a good shot anyway, maybe just a ball of fire.

I am posting some of my favorites from show. 100+ degree temperature be damned!



Jul 06, 2026 at 03:33 PM
Douglas L
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
Douglas L wrote:
RoamingScott wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
I have credentials for that show and it’s my understanding that there will be a dusk static shoot involving the Phantom .


Just out of curiosity, what does having credentials get you as a photographer/opportunities that I'm missing out on? I've often wondered if I should try to get credentialed, but don't really know why I should!


The only credential you need to have is that you are Jim!

I know you are probably extremely busy with your photos Douglas but how did it go? Must have been a long day and very tiring with all the waiting, heat, humidity and crowds.........

Get wet? Boy we had terrible lighting and thunder but not much rain.
Dan



Hi Dan, I spent hours deleting 95% of the shots I took.. I just learned the delay of the start of the fireworks from 10:30 to midnight was because folks on the national mall were told to go the the government buildings nearby to seek shelter during the thunderstorm and they had to pass through the security check again to enter the designated area once the storm was over.

They canceled the F-22 demo and the F-22 afterburner pass due to the weather. I really want to see the B-2 afterburner pass right before sunset. It would have been epic! I have never seen B-1 afterburner before. The B-1 did gave an afterburner pass right over our head at the Netherlands Carillon at midnight, it was over like 2 seconds. My cameras were on the tripod, it was too dark to get a good shot anyway, maybe just a ball of fire.

I am posting some of my favorites from show. 100+ degree temperature be damned!



Jul 06, 2026 at 02:55 PM
Douglas L
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Danpbphoto wrote:
Douglas L wrote:
RoamingScott wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
I have credentials for that show and it’s my understanding that there will be a dusk static shoot involving the Phantom .


Just out of curiosity, what does having credentials get you as a photographer/opportunities that I'm missing out on? I've often wondered if I should try to get credentialed, but don't really know why I should!


The only credential you need to have is that you are Jim!

I know you are probably extremely busy with your photos Douglas but how did it go? Must have been a long day and very tiring with all the waiting, heat, humidity and crowds.........

Get wet? Boy we had terrible lighting and thunder but not much rain.
Dan



Hi Dan, I spent hours deleting 95% of the shots I took.. I just learned the delay of the start of the fireworks from 10:30 to midnight was because folks on the national mall were told to go the the government buildings nearby to seek shelter during the thunderstorm and they had to pass through the security check again to enter the designated area once the storm was over.

They canceled the F-22 demo and the F-22 afterburner pass due to the weather. I really want to see the B-2 afterburner pass right before sunset. It would have been epic! I have never seen B-1 afterburner before. The B-1 did gave an afterburner pass right over our head at the Netherlands Carillon at midnight, it was over like 2 seconds. My cameras were on the tripod, it was too dark to get a good shot anyway, maybe just a ball of fire.

I am posting some of my favorites from show. 100+ degree temperature be damned!



Jul 06, 2026 at 02:42 PM





  Previous versions of Douglas L's message #17067290 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »