I'm currently working on a short film documentary about an amazing local wildlife preserve here in Ottawa called Mud Lake (my favourite place ). I'll be making it in 4 sections and the first section is the one in this video, which is the introduction. The second section is a lot of gimbal footage about walking on the main trail in the park in order to get to a favourite shooting location at the lake. The third section will be all about babies and raising young and the fourth section will be Fall and Winter footage at the lake. I'm having a great time doing this project.
Can you have a look and a listen to this and tell me if you think it works. Please feel free to offer any critiques and/or suggestions.
Unfortunately, some of the image quality leaves a bit to be desired because I had to use some old footage from back in the day when I first started. Even though I shot everything in 4K, I exported and saved a lot of the footage to HD because my computer struggled with 4K and I couldn't afford all the storage space I would need. Oh well, it is what it is.... I'm hoping the stories and footage will carry the day and folks won't stumble over the IQ.
Thanks,
Rudy
Rudy,
It works. Very well. Now get the 2nd section out for us to see.
No problems to me on IQ.
Dave
Hi Dave,
Thanks for watching and commenting.
OK regarding the second section. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now and I'll post it here shortly. As with the above Intro section please tell me if you think it works or not. I want the viewer to feel like they're right there in the early morning sunlight in the forest walking to the lake. Let me know if you think this works in that regard?
Thanks,
Rudy
Jun 26, 2026 at 04:05 PM
Previous versions of Rudy Pohl's message #17062144 « Canon video thread for hybrid shooters... »