fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of LBJ2's message #16540731 « A1 Firmware v 2.01 is out now. On the fence about installing it though. :) »

  

LBJ2
Offline
Upload & Sell: On
Re: A1 Firmware v 2.01 is out now. On the fence about installing it though. :)


Viramati wrote:
LBJ2 wrote:
Viramati wrote:
While waiting for a response from Japan I have had this from Sony Pro support UK (I had a new motherboard last year)
"Encountering a WiFi issue with a new mainboard would be unfortunate, but it's not possible to guarantee that this will not occur.

The new firmware introduces a detection mechanism for the Wi-Fi chipset. Should a user encounter a chipset failure on a version prior to this mechanism's implementation, the camera may fail to boot, become inoperable, display a System Error, or enter a boot loop.

Since your camera is functioning properly and you've indicated that the features available with firmware 2.01 do not interest you, we still recommend against updating your camera's software."


Interesting facts as opposed to some of the forum or Facebook comments speculation. Also, interesting Sony feels the need to include this particular detection mechanism in v2.01.

"The new firmware introduces a detection mechanism for the Wi-Fi chipset. Should a user encounter a chipset failure on a version prior to this mechanism's implementation, the camera may fail to boot, become inoperable, display a System Error, or enter a boot loop."

In other words, for those that care, even if you never plan to use either might be wise to check your BT Wifi asap particularly if your camera is under warranty so it can be repaired under warranty.

For those realizing they were affected after the firmware update, I don't think/or I hope this is not the end of the story from Sony. But probably going to take some time for this multinational conglomerate and their supplier partners and their legal department(s) to sort and communicate a potential remedy.

I don't know if other users who have pro support have been in touch with them about this possible issue either here in Europe or elsewhere but it would be interesting to know what responses they are getting. Basically the recommendation is not to upgrade until they here back from Japan!!


So far, I've only seen the one email response posted from a North Amer.,I believe, CSR about "in and out of warranty coverage." Which was of course not helpful.

I contacted Sony Pro Support in the LA last week, and the person I spoke to was not aware of this issue. After I sent him the message from Sony UK and Germany, he advised similar to your UK pro support message, for those concerned, to wait.



May 06, 2024 at 04:12 PM





  Previous versions of LBJ2's message #16540731 « A1 Firmware v 2.01 is out now. On the fence about installing it though. :) »