Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Douglas L's message #16527078 « Sony FE Images Thread »

Douglas L
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sony FE Images Thread

Alan Parker wrote:
Douglas L wrote: Here are some prop. planes from last Friday's sunset flight.

Wow! That's some pretty serious once-in-a-lifetime material.

Thank you Alan! I am looking for another kidney to sell to pay for my next air-to-air shoot.. Surprisingly, I was one of the only two photographers among the 10 who were first timers.
---------------------------------------------

AGeoJO wrote:
Douglas L wrote:
BO MONO wrote:
k-h.a.w wrote:
BO MONO wrote:

MARAZION CAUSEWAY

Thank you Barry. Sublime image.
My guess, you chose your moniker BO MONO to fit your images.
BO MONO makes me think of PRO BONO somehow.

K-H.

Thanks K-H...A nice pair of Turtle Doves (I'm guessing) - Apologies for late reply....I upload just before retiring for the night.
Although christened "Barry" my parents only ever called me "BO" and I never knew why ....Strangely now Alison only ever calls me BO!
The "MONO" bit is because I'm complete rubbish at getting the colours correct, unlike everybody else here. (colour blind).
^^^ Terrific shots Douglas and WandringCloud ^^^

k-h.a.w wrote:
Quote: ^^^ Terrific shots Douglas and WandringCloud ^^^

+1

Indeed, K-H.

Thank you, Barry and K-H!

Here are some prop. planes from last Friday's sunset flight. While the A7RV works fine for some of the shots, I didn't enjoy the blackout of the EVF, it's hard to go back to EVF blackout for moving subjects after getting used to blackout free EVF. I wish I hadn't sold one of my two A1 bodies. I am buying back another one.

Jaw dropping images, Doug! So, you were on a (slower, I assume) plane to take those images, huh? What an experience! I feel the same way about using my A7r V for some bird actions. The blackout free feature of the A1 for that type of photography weighs itself in gold 😜.

Thank you Joshua! I love your shots of different genres. You are truly an all arounder.

Yes, I was in a "skyvan" for the air-to-air shoot. I signed up for 3 days but only 1 of the 3 days was really good with lots of join-ups. The first picture is the skyvan, in the second picture you can see me in light blue/green shirt. I was 2' from the edge of the open gate. Those planes that joined up to be photographed could get really close, I think the F-18 super hornets were probably 40' from our plane's real door. They are very experienced in moving to different angles/positions for the photographers in different assigned spots to be able to see them.

InFocus2014 wrote:
Douglas L wrote:
BO MONO wrote:
k-h.a.w wrote:
BO MONO wrote:

MARAZION CAUSEWAY

Thank you Barry. Sublime image.
My guess, you chose your moniker BO MONO to fit your images.
BO MONO makes me think of PRO BONO somehow.

K-H.

Thanks K-H...A nice pair of Turtle Doves (I'm guessing) - Apologies for late reply....I upload just before retiring for the night.
Although christened "Barry" my parents only ever called me "BO" and I never knew why ....Strangely now Alison only ever calls me BO!
The "MONO" bit is because I'm complete rubbish at getting the colours correct, unlike everybody else here. (colour blind).
^^^ Terrific shots Douglas and WandringCloud ^^^

k-h.a.w wrote:
Quote: ^^^ Terrific shots Douglas and WandringCloud ^^^

+1

Indeed, K-H.

Thank you, Barry and K-H!

Here are some prop. planes from last Friday's sunset flight. While the A7RV works fine for some of the shots, I didn't enjoy the blackout of the EVF, it's hard to go back to EVF blackout for moving subjects after getting used to blackout free EVF. I wish I hadn't sold one of my two A1 bodies. I am buying back another one.

Stunning shots!! Wow! And, the super-sharp propeller shots were taken at 1/160 second from a moving, unstable platform at 100mm! You are my hero!

Thank you very much, Jeff! Believe or not, it was super easy to shoot prop. planes at slow shutter speed from the sky van, because once the planes to be photographed get close to the skyvan, they maintain the same speed, there was vibration but not much panning is required, unlike shooting from the ground. On the ground, I get maybe 1 reasonably sharp one out of maybe 30. From the skyvan, I would say 9 out of 10 are very sharp, due to no panning.

Apr 18, 2024 at 09:43 PM

Previous versions of Douglas L's message #16527078 « Sony FE Images Thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.