Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #16523020 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

JWilsonphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yesterday was quite a day. I set out to capture four WWII Veterans and honestly, I'm not sure my images will be in focus because my eyes were welling up most of the time. The first gentleman is an Iwo Jima survivor, USMC, he sang "God Bless America" for me......., The next subject was a B17 navigator with 25+ missions, all over Germany, he is 104. Thinking that those two were going to be difficult to top, my third Vet was in the second wave at Normandy, his two best friends died on his right and his left and he was wound, I held his Purple Heart. Last, but not least, this 98 year old Navy man hugged me and regaled on his time in the Pacific Theatre. I hated leaving each of them and they all asked me if I would come back soon for a visit. BTW, that last subject was the youngster of the group, and I met up with him as he returned from a day at Carswell JRB with the Blue Angels, when I grow up I want to be like him.........

Apr 13, 2024 at 03:04 PM

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #16523020 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.