retrofocus wrote: stockshas wrote:
The blix I think it’s called in c41 development is nasty. I now use a small tarp on the surface where I handle these. And gloves for sure.
Usage of nitrile gloves is a very good proactive PPE to use during development activities in general. If film development containers are shaken/inverted during development, I would also recommend to use cheap acrylic safety glasses in case the container is a bit leaking or accidentally not fully closed with its cap.
I strongly second the recommendation for eye protection. I had a chemical burn in my eye a few weeks ago when I was too lazy to go get my eye protection while I was removing some corrosion from a car battery with a wire brush and tiny flake flew into my eye.
Luckily no lasting damage, but having my eyesight immediately start to go foggy in one eye and then spending the rest of the afternoon in Urgent Care having it thoroughly flushed out was a sobering experience.
Dec 28, 2023 at 05:20 PM
Previous versions of OregonSun's message #16429318 « Curious about Film »