Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Danpbphoto's message #16258617 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

Danpbphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DanNehmer wrote:
Dan and Ray,

Great posts! Wonderful way to honor those who gave all.

PS - Arlington is one of my most favorite memorials in DC. What it stands for, the history and those who are laid to rest there. Just sends chills up my spine. To read the stories how the Union commanders ordered soldiers be buried near the house first to make it un-inhabitable for the Lee's to return............... and that Lincoln and staff felt this was an appropriate way to wage total war. Truly a leason in human history for all; for all our accomplishments as humans we continue to have a lot to learn.

I have 2 photojournalistic articles on how Arlington was stolen from Robert E. Lee's family and made our National Cemetery. Irony here? The UNion General(Gen. Meigs) who stole the property is buried there, as is his son who Meigs blames for his death, and President Lincolns son, Sec of the Dept of War, signed the papers to return the property to the Lee family and made it our National Cemetery.
My best article, and members here on FM helped me with photos from the South, is on line. I will send you the link via PM.
The other article made the "ARMY Magazine" cover and the story on its 150th Anniversary.
Thanks!
Dan

May 31, 2023 at 10:19 AM
Danpbphoto

DanNehmer wrote:
Dan and Ray,

PS - Arlington is one of my most favorite memorials in DC. What it stands for, the history and those who are laid to rest there. Just sends chills up my spine. To read the stories how the Union commanders ordered soldiers be buried near the house first to make it un-inhabitable for the Lee's to return............... and that Lincoln and staff felt this was an appropriate way to wage total war. Truly a leason in human history for all; for all our accomplishments as humans we continue to have a lot to learn.

I have 2 photojournalistic articles on how Arlington was stolen from Robert E. Lee's family and made our National Cemetery. Irony here? The UNion General(Gen. Meigs) who stole the property is buried there and President Lincolns son, Sec of the Dept of War, signed the papers to return the property to the Lee family and made it our National Cemetery.
My best article, and members here on FM helped me with photos from the South, is on line. I will send you the link via PM.
The other article made the "ARMY Magazine" cover and the story on its 150th Anniversary.
Thanks!
Dan

May 31, 2023 at 10:18 AM
Danpbphoto

DanNehmer wrote:
Dan and Ray,

I sure do Dan. I have 2 photojournalistic articles on how Arlington was stolen from Robert E. Lee's family and made our National Cemetery. Irony here? The UNion General(Gen. Meigs) who stole the property is buried there and President Lincolns son, Sec of the Dept of War, signed the papers to return the property to the Lee family and made it our National Cemetery.
Thanks!
Dan

May 31, 2023 at 09:48 AM
Danpbphoto

DanNehmer wrote:
Dan and Ray,

I sure do Dan. I have 2 photojournalistic articles on how Arlington was stole from Robert E. Lee and made our National Cemetery.
The other article made the "ARMY Magazine" cover and the story.
Thanks!
Dan

May 31, 2023 at 09:38 AM

Previous versions of Danpbphoto's message #16258617 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.