Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of lifeandmylens's message #16254810 « Official: Leica Q3 Unveiled, Now Open for Pre-Orders »

lifeandmylens
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Leica Q3 Unveiled, Now Open for Pre-Orders

Fred Miranda wrote:
lifeandmylens wrote:
Q3 arrived. Doing a couple tests to see if it could replace some other lenses.

Here's a quick snapshot with the same settings on the Q3 and M10p with a 28 Summaron at f/5.6.

I appreciate the previous test. Would it be possible for you to conduct another test using a tripod? Additionally, I would like to thank you for providing the uncorrected version, which demonstrates the distortion.

According to online discussions, it is suggested that the Leica 28mm f/1.7 Summilux lens has a focal length of 24mm before distortion correction and 26mm after correction. It does not have the angle of view of a 28mm lens.

Sure here is one better, with lots of vertical and horizontal lines. I didn't use a tripod since it wouldn't technically be an equal FOV since the Summaron is much smaller. So I set them both on a table with the front of each lens lined up with the front edge of the table. Also used an M10-r this time @ ISO 100.

May 26, 2023 at 01:35 PM
lifeandmylens
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Leica Q3 Unveiled, Now Open for Pre-Orders

Fred Miranda wrote:
lifeandmylens wrote:
Q3 arrived. Doing a couple tests to see if it could replace some other lenses.

Here's a quick snapshot with the same settings on the Q3 and M10p with a 28 Summaron at f/5.6.

I appreciate the previous test. Would it be possible for you to conduct another test using a tripod? Additionally, I would like to thank you for providing the uncorrected version, which demonstrates the distortion.

According to online discussions, it is suggested that the Leica 28mm f/1.7 Summilux lens has a focal length of 24mm before distortion correction and 26mm after correction. It does not have the angle of view of a 28mm lens.

Sure here is one better, with lots of vertical and horizontal lines. I didn't use a tripod since it wouldn't technically be an equal FOV since the Summaron is much smaller. So I set them both on a table with the front of each lens lined up with the front edge of the table. Also used an M10-r this time @ ISO 100.

May 26, 2023 at 01:24 PM

Previous versions of lifeandmylens's message #16254810 « Official: Leica Q3 Unveiled, Now Open for Pre-Orders »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.