Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of highdesertmesa's message #16203118 « Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 Ultron Review »

highdesertmesa
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 Ultron Review

Fred Miranda wrote:
highdesertmesa wrote:
Great start to the review. Looks like a winner so far. As I mentioned in the other 75 1.9 thread, I damaged mine right out of the box today, but it's still a great lens after taking a hit. Even having dropped it, the optics are aligned and the rangefinder alignment is still perfect at all distances. The matte black MC version also matches the M11 paint and my Voigtlander 35 1.5 Type I. I'm really liking this small/light 35/75 pair.

One thing I noticed is these are advertised by Voigtlander as "brass barrel". The scrapes I put into mine reveal the focusing and aperture rings to be aluminum. I think this is probably a good balance to save weight. The only downside is the rings won't show brass when the paint wears off in spots.

I just came across your post showing an image of your recently acquired CV 75/1.9 Ultron, which unfortunately suffered damage from a fall. I'm sorry to hear that! Nevertheless, it's remarkable that the lens is still functioning flawlessly.

Thanks! It's crazy that it survived optically with no broken or misalignment elements. The focus ring has a bit more resistance than it should, though. DAG quoted me $100 to fix it, but he said it was hard to be sure without examining the lens an exact cost.

Mar 25, 2023 at 11:50 PM

Previous versions of highdesertmesa's message #16203118 « Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 Ultron Review »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.