Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Juha Kannisto's message #16142933 « Cosina to release Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 VM »

Juha Kannisto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Cosina to release Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 VM

Fred Miranda wrote:
Again, nothing for the Sony E-mount. I think their agreement is over?

I don't think Cosina needs a permission from Sony to make more E-mount lenses at this point but they might think that the current lineup is already good enough and they have been focusing on X-mount and Z-mount instead of E-mount in the last 2 years, probably because there is less competition from other 3rd party vendors in those mounts so far.

Their 3 X-mount lenses have been pretty much their 3 best-selling lenses in Japan based on the kakaku.com rankings in the last 1-2 years so I think they'll keep putting focus on those, and for Z-mount APS-C they've released all the same lenses as in X-mount, and in Z-mount FF they've been mainly closing gaps to their Sony E-mount lineup so far, but with the rumor of 50/1 for Z they would be doing something unique for Z-mount for the first time that E-mount hasn't got at least yet.

Jan 12, 2023 at 09:33 PM

Previous versions of Juha Kannisto's message #16142933 « Cosina to release Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 VM »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.