Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Gregg B.'s message #16140020 « Winter and Alabama Hills »

Gregg B.
Upload & Sell: On
Winter and Alabama Hills

I haven't posted here for a while, so this is my first post this new 2023 year. Happy New Year to everyone, by the way
So, Sierra Nevada (as some of you may know) is getting a lot of snow this year, way more than any other year in the last 10 years. I was there this past weekend and talk to a few snow plow vehicles workers and they said they haven't seen this much snow for at least 10 years. That's great since the range haven't had much snow (specifically) in the last two or three years. But, this year there's a ton already, and this (as well as next) week another serious storms are coming brining even more snow. The area passed Bishop is completely white and chains are required to drive the 395 (unless you have 4x4 and winter tires on). I drove the road as far as Mammoth Mountains to look around for anything inspirational. I wanted to hit the Mono lake but there was just so much snow even around the Hot Creek, I turned back. To walk anywhere you need snow shoes. And, only small parts of side roads are plowed. So, most of the shots below are from Alabama Hills and/or places near by it.
I was really impressed with high winds (up in the mountains) and snow being blown away so most of my shots are zoomed in and taken with my Nikon 100-400mm lens.
The last image is shot of grass close to the Owen's river.
If you do go there (and I suggest this coming weekend) stay at Alabama Hills and bring one good telephoto lens with you.

Jan 09, 2023 at 02:45 PM
Gregg B.
Winter and Alabama Hills

I haven't posted here for a while, so this is my first post this new 2023 year. Happy New Year to everyone, by the way
So, Sierra Nevada (as some of you may know) is getting a lot of snow this year, way more than any other year in the last 10 years. I was there this past weekend and talk to a few snow plow vehicles workers and they said they haven't seen this much snow for at least 10 years. That's great since the range haven't had much snow (specifically) in the last two or three years. But, this year there's a ton already, and this (as well as next) week another serious storms are coming brining even more snow. The area passed Bishop is completely white and chains are required to drive the 395 (unless you have 4x4 and winter tires on). I drove the road as far as Mammoth Mountains to look around for anything inspirational. I wanted to hit the Mono lake but there was just so much snow even around the Hot Creek, I turned back. To walk anywhere you need snow shoes. And, only small parts of side roads are plowed. So, most of the shots below are from Alabama Hills and/or places near by it.
I was really impressed with high winds (up in the mountains) and snow being blown away so most of my shots are zoomed in and taken with my Nikon 100-400mm lens.
If you do go there (and I suggest this coming weekend) stay at Alabama Hills and bring one good telephoto lens with you.

Jan 09, 2023 at 02:44 PM
Gregg B.
Winter and Alabama Hills

Jan 09, 2023 at 02:17 PM

Previous versions of Gregg B.'s message #16140020 « Winter and Alabama Hills »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.