Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Lance B's message #16104039 « Z9 and Z8 ! : A thread for Z9/Z8 images and *discussion* »

Lance B
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Z9 ! : Official thread for Z9 images and discussion

OwlsEyes wrote:
Lance B wrote:
OwlsEyes wrote:
Lance B wrote:
Peregrine Falcons have fledged and here is the parent teaching the youngster some acrobatics.

Z9 + 500 f5.6 PF + 1.4x TCIII, 1/5000s f/8.0 at 700.0mm iso2500

Z9 + 500 f5.6 PF + 1.4x TCIII, 1/5000s f/8.0 at 700.0mm iso2800

Z9 + 500 f5.6 PF + 1.4x TCIII, 1/5000s f/8.0 at 700.0mm iso2800

These are pretty darn fantastic!

regards,
bruce

Thank you very much, Bruce. You are very kind!

As a matter of interest, would you have a favourite from these 3?

It's hard not to really love the last one. As an aside, I think the the processing is a tad aggressive. This may be due to the jpg compression, but I have seen this effect where the birds seem just a bit too separated from the background. I've been playing with LR masking for subject and background, and I find that there are times where I push the background too hard one way and the subject too hard the other. While the color palette improves and some 3-dimensionality is added, the images take on a less natural transition between subject and sky.
Like I said, this is not a criticism, as the photos are beautiful... However, I feel this affect draws some mental energy away from the action of the birds.

Thoughts?
bruce

Thank you very much for your thoughts, Bruce. The birds were a little in shadow but their wing tips are very highlighted and I wanted to bring them out without blowing the sky or their wing tips which can be a difficult balance to make sometimes.

Nov 26, 2022 at 06:29 PM

Previous versions of Lance B's message #16104039 « Z9 and Z8 ! : A thread for Z9/Z8 images and *discussion* »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.