Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of kdacharya's message #15992999 « Kalahari or Kgalagadi - as it is called »

kdacharya
Upload & Sell: On
Kalahari or Kgalagadi - as it is called

I was lucky to spend some time this summer (winter there) in the South African part of the Kalahari.
"Kalahari is derived from the Tswana word Kgala, meaning "the great thirst", or Kgalagadi, meaning "a waterless place";[1] the Kalahari has vast areas covered by red sand without any permanent surface water." courtesy Wikipedia.
The salient parts of the trip:
- Awesome people, made a lot of great friends, to mention a few: Peter Mullinex, Pieter and Cindey Jordaan, Steve Hughes, Mr. and Mrs. Conradie, Cristo, sorry if I missed anyone.
- Amazing light, with insane sunsets
- Unbelieve wildlife and natural behavior
- Very remote location, hence clean air and no light pollution
- Was able to stand in 3 countries at the same time.
- Winter temperatures dipped to 32 degrees F and below
- Significant rainfall during the months prior to our visit, so the grasses where very plentiful and tall.
Would I go there again? In a heartbeat
thanks Subrat bro, for arranging and coordinating everything and most of all for driving the entire time
Just some other items:
the Kalahari lions are bigger and more beautiful than their counterparts in other places, golden fur, bigger and males have amazing manes. The interaction and natural behavior of various species, swarms, herds, predator and prey, is at the most primal level and was amazing to witness.

Jul 18, 2022 at 04:49 PM
kdacharya

I was lucky to spend some time this summer (winter there) in the South African part of the Kalahari.
"Kalahari is derived from the Tswana word Kgala, meaning "the great thirst", or Kgalagadi, meaning "a waterless place";[1] the Kalahari has vast areas covered by red sand without any permanent surface water." courtesy Wikipedia.
- Awesome people, made a lot of great friends, to mention a few: Peter Mullinex, Pieter and Cindey Jordaan, Steve Hughes, Mr. and Mrs. Conradie, Cristo, sorry if I missed anyone.
- Winter there the temperature dipped to 32 degrees F and below
- Significant rainfall during the months prior to our visit, so the grasses where very plentiful and tall.
thanks Subrat bro, for arranging and coordinating everything and most of all for driving the entire time
Just some other items:
the Kalahari lions are bigger and more beautiful than their counterparts in other places, golden fur, bigger and males have amazing manes. The interaction and natural behavior of various species, swarms, herds, predator and prey, is at the most primal level and was amazing to witness.

Jul 18, 2022 at 08:44 AM
kdacharya

- Awesome people, made a lot of great friends, to mention a few: Peter Mullinex, Pieter and Cindey Jordaan, Steve Hughes, Mr. and Mrs. Conradie, Cristo to name a few, sorry if I missed anyone.
Just some other items:

Jul 18, 2022 at 08:43 AM
kdacharya

- Awesome people, made a lot of great friends, to mention a few: Peter Mullinex, Pieter and Cindey Jordaan, Steve Hughes, Mr. and Mrs. Conradie, Cristo to name a few, sorry if I missed anyone.
Just some other items:

Jul 17, 2022 at 09:12 AM
kdacharya

Just some other items:
the Kalahari loins are bigger and more beautiful than their counterparts in other places, golden fur, bigger and males have amazing manes. The interaction and natural behavior of various species, swarms, herds, predator and prey, is at the most primal level and was amazing to witness.

Jul 16, 2022 at 05:41 PM
kdacharya
Kalahari or as the locals call it, Kgalagadi

Just some other items:
the Kalahari loins are bigger and more beautiful than their counterparts in other places, golden fur, bigger and males have amazing manes. The interaction and natural behavior of various species, swarms, herds, predator and prey, is at the most primal level and was amazing to witness.

Jul 16, 2022 at 05:09 PM
kdacharya
Kalahari or as the locals call it, Kgalagadi

- Winter there there temperature reached 32 degrees and below
Just some other items:

Jul 16, 2022 at 11:39 AM

Previous versions of kdacharya's message #15992999 « Kalahari or Kgalagadi - as it is called »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.