Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of POTOMAN's message #15983260 « 5D Classic: Disadvantages of using Ee-S Focusing Screen with Autofocus? »

POTOMAN
Upload & Sell: Off
5D Classic: Disadvantages of using Ee-S Focusing Screen with Autofocus?

I have damanged my factory Ee-A focus screen. I happen to have a brand new Ee-S focus screen. I NEVER manual focus.

I had initially purchased the Ee-S focusing screen for my 5D as I read somewhere that it's the focusing screen your supposed to use with fast primes. So went ahead and bought it, but never got around to installing it as I never got around to using the camera.

I now double check and it seems the Ee-S focus screen is specifically recommended for MANUAL focusing. I NEVER manual focus. I only use centre point autofocus and recompose since this body's autofocus ability is rather limited.

I only use a 50 1.4 and an 85L 1.2 II with this body. I plan to purchase a 50L 1.2 in the future and that lens will be mounted on this body 99% of the time. I will probably sell my 85L II then also.

I've read the viewfinder will be dimmer with the Ee-S focus screen.

What other disadvantages are there to using the 5DC with the Ee-S focusing screen and a 50L?

Jul 04, 2022 at 09:56 PM
POTOMAN
Upload & Sell: Off
5D Classic: Disadvantages of using Ee-S Focusing Screen with Autofocus?

I have damanged my factory Ee-A focus screen. I happen to have a brand new Ee-S focus screen. I NEVER manual focus.

I had initially purchased the Ee-S focusing screen for my 5DC as I read somewhere that it's the focusing screen your supposed to use with fast primes. So went ahead and bought it, but never got around to installing it as I never got around to using the camera.

I now double check and it seems the Ee-S focus screen is specifically recommended for MANUAL focusing. I NEVER manual focus. I only use centre point autofocus and recompose since this body's autofocus ability is rather limited.

I only use a 50 1.4 and an 85L 1.2 II with this body. I plan to purchase a 50L 1.2 in the future and that lens will be mounted on this body 99% of the time. I will probably sell my 85L II then also.

I've read the viewfinder will be dimmer with the Ee-S focus screen.

What other disadvantages are there to using the 5DC with the Ee-S focusing screen and a 50L?

Jul 03, 2022 at 05:40 PM

Previous versions of POTOMAN's message #15983260 « 5D Classic: Disadvantages of using Ee-S Focusing Screen with Autofocus? »