I saw some pretty interesting infrared photos so I thought I would give it a try to have some fun. I just bought a used A7RII (will have it on Monday) for the sole purpose of converting it to a infrared camera by Life Pixel, before I found this on their website:
"Note: The Sony A7S II, A7R II, A7R III and A9 use an IR LED as part of their electronic shutter monitor. Once these models are converted to IR, the internal IR LED will contaminate all images shot at exposures greater than 1 second."
Looks like the A7RII is not a good candidate if shooting longer than 1 second could be problematic. I may get a cheaper body for conversion to try out. What I am afraid of is that I will try a couple dozens shots and will never touch it again. I know everyone has different interest, just wondering those who have converted infrared cameras, was it a fad for you or you use it a fair amount?
Jan 09, 2021 at 09:04 AM
Previous versions of Douglas L's message #15459548 « Is Infrared Photography a Fad (for you)? »